The Legal Aid Society's Civil Practice is seeking an Office Manager who will be responsible for all administrative and operational procedures at the 394 Hendrix Street office. Responsibilities include hiring, training, disciplinary action, work flow issues, and the smooth operation of the office. These duties include, but are not limited to, facility issues, purchasing, expense reports, petty cash, client escrow accounts, leave accrual, and the application of Society-wide policies and procedures.
* Oversee day-to-day operations
* Supervise Paralegal I and Investigator staff in their various job functions which include data entry, hotline coverage, translations, filing, and archiving
* Liaise with building management, vendors, agencies, and the courthouse community as needed
* Foster and maintain relationships with counterparts in other offices and departments
* General administrative functions
* Ensure the proper implementation of office procedures and policies
* Act as the point person for computer database system
* Generate and maintain reports
* Provide administrative coverage when needed
* Cover other offices when needed
* Other duties as assigned
Posting End Date-11:59 pm EST
Jul 26, 2018
Brooklyn - Civil Practice Neighborhood Office
* Administrative and supervisory experience preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, written, and organizational skills are required
* Ability to balance and prioritize workload and problem solving is a must
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and internal systems is mandatory
* Must be a self-starter
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required