200 Inner Belt Road
Clinical Outreach Contracts Analyst at OpenBiome
OpenBiome is a nonprofit stool bank, expanding clinical access to fecal transplants and catalyzing research on the human microbiome. Fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) is a promising new therapy for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. OpenBiome provides microbiota preparations to clinicians performing FMT, and supports clinical trials and basic research investigating new applications of microbiome-based therapies
Five years ago, OpenBiome started the first public stool banking service, and we have grown to redefine the standard of care for this emerging field. Today, we support FMT programs at over 1000 medical centers across all 50 states and 7 countries, and have delivered over 30,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile patients. We have also developed a new oral formulation for delivering FMT, published dozens of scholarly works and have supported over 30 clinical studies to identify new applications for FMT. As the leader in this exciting new field, OpenBiome is uniquely positioned to continue to expand access to care and discover new applications for microbial interventions. We are searching for passionate teammates eager to support this mission.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
OpenBiome currently partners with over 1,000 healthcare facilities to enable safe access of FMT to treat recurrent CDiff not responding to standard therapies. The Outreach Contracts Analysts will join our Outreach team to ensure that all of our clinical partners sign contracts detailing the liability regulations of our product. The role is primarily to negotiate and redline contracts with partners, update our contract templates as needed, and inform our internal departments of any effects that will result from planned updates that affect partners directly. This position will work closely with our Account Management team to ensure that material is only being shipped to approved partners under contract, our Finance team to ensure partners are compliant with payment terms, and our outside legal counsel for any additional advising. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, mission-driven, process oriented, and detail-oriented. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiating and redlining contracts with our hospital and health network clinical partners
- Updating our contract management system and customer management system to reflect terms and conditions negotiated in contracts
- Proactively reaching out to partner sites to identify the necessary points of contact to begin contract negotiation process
- Maintain our large contract database and proactively starting renewal negotiations with partners before the expiration of their current contracts
- The Outreach Contract Analyst is an Associate level role, ideally for candidates with a BA/BS degree and 2+ years of paralegal (or similar) experience
- Experience independently negotiating
- Experience with a contract management system, and other management databases
- Experience in nonprofit, healthcare or biotech preferred but not required
- Ability to learn quickly and articulate technical topics with confidence
- Strong organization skillset required
- Open to receiving both formal and informal feedback
- Must be legally eligible for work in the United States
OpenBiome is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required