11390 W. Olympic Blvd.
Summary: Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses throughout LA County. One of 62 national chapters, Make-A-Wish Greater LA has reached nearly 10,000 children throughout the city of angels since its inception 35 years ago. For more information, visit www.la.wish.org or see us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
In partnership with the Vice President, Development, the Director of Philanthropy will create an Individual Giving and Major Gift plan and strategy to meet designated financial goals for the Make-A-Wish® Greater Los Angeles (MAWGLA) Chapter. This includes identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual gift donors separate or connected to affinity groups as applicable. This position is accountable for donor research, moves management, donor appreciation, database management and all necessary actions to achieve revenue targets. This individual serves as part of a dynamic fundraising team by meeting with donors to cultivate and solicit for increased level of giving.
Reports to: Vice President, Development
- Create sustainable action plan for annual, individual and major gift programs
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit donors for immediate, long term and planned gifts
- Development and manage a portfolio of prospects utilizing the gift cycle: Qualification, Prospecting, Cultivation and Stewardship
- Develop recognition program, segmenting different levels of giving
- Lead moves management system for accountability, including leading all team strategy meetings
- Work closely with entire MAWGLA team, including program, development and finance staff, and with expert resources at Make-A-Wish America and other chapters, to maximize ability to manage annual, mid-level and major donors
- Communicate activities and donor contact information regularly and frequently with all members of the Development team through timely recording of information in RE, and otherwise assigned methods
- Utilize Raisers Edge to manage all areas of donor moves management and fundraising
- Provide reports on prospect and donor management and giving results on a regular basis, defined by leadership
- Supervise and delegate to designated support staff and interns. Coach junior staff and volunteers to develop skills necessary in managing donor relationships
- Remain current on all industry trends, tools and techniques
- Participate, on request, in major donor events
- Support Development team efforts as assigned
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 5-7 years of experience successfully securing, managing and building non-profit donor relationships
· Proven track record in developing and managing annual, individual and major giving programs
· Ability to direct donors in the principals of planned and estate giving
· Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or another equivalent database system
· Self-starter with ability to work effectively individually as well as being strong team player
· Proactive and goal oriented with strong decision-making skills
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multi-task
· Professional and mature presentation with high quality customer services skills
· Ability to listen effectively
· Intellectual and social curiosity
· Active computer skill knowledge including familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Raiser’s Edge
*This is a full-time, in-office position with a full benefits package.
Full benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with Idealist - Director of Philanthropy in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.