Details: commensurate with experience, Grant Track Position
1612 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses. Our workplace reflects our goal of creating a more cooperative, environmentally sound economy. We have a participatory decision-making process, which aims to build consensus within the departments and teams.
The Clean Electronic Production Network (CEPN) is a multi-stakeholder, cross-industry collaboration (Innovation Network) that launched in 2015. The goal of the network is to move the electronics industry towards zero exposure to toxic chemicals in the manufacturing process.
CEP is an Innovation Network of the Center for Sustainability Solutions, which brings all of Green America’s green economy supply-side work into a powerful new flagship program for Green America. The Center convenes multi-stakeholder initiatives dedicated to accelerating the shift to environmental sustainability and social justice, while eliminating environ¬mental and human abuses in key areas such as energy, agriculture and manufacturing.
The Center builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we’ve brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in such areas as solar, community investing, recycled paper procurement, and sustainable agriculture.
The Director of CEPN will provide strategic direction, lead stakeholder engagement, and oversee the facilitation, coordination, and program management of the network and work of participants toward the Network goal(s). The Director will also oversee the work of a Program Manager who is responsible for coordinating meeting logistics and providing project management support.
The position involves travel for Innovation Network meetings and key stakeholder briefings. The position would preferably be based Washington, DC at the Green America offices (with a work-from-home allowance for up to 8 hours a week as determined by supervisor).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Continue developing new strategies to move the project forward as opportunities evolve.
2. Lead the effort to successfully support the CEPN, including but not limited to development of strategy, securing funding and project commitment from participants.
3. Lead new participant and member engagement, including conducting interviews with potential participants. Work closely with team to ensure that network members are effectively and efficiently engaged. Identify new participants and guide/support process for outreach and engagement in network projects.
4. Build and lead the Design Team meetings and strategy discussions and Co-facilitate working group meetings.
5. Serve as the point person responsible for producing key project deliverables in a timely manner, including meeting reports, special research projects and other outputs.
6. Lead the effort to successfully launch, maintain, and evaluate specific initiatives within IN. Develop and implement strategy for advancing the work of the initiative groups with support from Green America and design teams.
7. Hire and oversee the work of project staff and contract researchers and facilitators as needed.
8. Lead program budgeting and revenue generation ensure we meet the project’s financial goals. Manage Participant engagement and recruitment for participant fees and coordinate with the Center Development Director to secure foundation grants and special project funding from private entities.
9. Produce communications materials for variety of audiences.
10. Ensure knowledge gained is converted into “knowledge capital” for Green America, including how to successfully launch new working groups and manage existing Network activities and shift markets toward sustainability. Support strategy, planning and operational needs of the Center for Sustainability Solutions.
11. Liaise with Green America’s Programs Team, participating in Green America staff meetings, and planning processes.
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to developed trusting relationships with senior executives and high-level leaders across the electronics sector.
• The ability to understand and converse competently about complex supply chain issues with a broad range of stakeholders, and to provide useful frameworks for analysis and action on key supply chain issues.
• Strong strategic planning, leadership skills and project management skills, with 5+ years of senior management experience and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven experience with fundraising.
• Proven management skills, including strategy and operations.
• Negotiating experience and the ability to move groups both quickly and collaboratively on key priorities.
• A strong knowledge of the electronics industry manufacturing and supply chain.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
Ideal candidates will also have the following skills and qualities:
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Strong speaking skills
• A compelling combination of confidence and humility that fosters confidence among the Center’s various stakeholders.
• Ability to rapidly develop new strategies and ideas in a quickly changing environment.
• Advanced collaborative leadership skills including advanced facilitation, ability to hold the center for divergent views, and the ability to manage polarities.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, or credit information. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination.
medical, dental, sick days, holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
English - high proficiency
Minimum Education Required