3536 SE 26th Ave.
Join our union and use your IT skills for social and economic justice! Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 49 is now accepting resumes from smart, motivated individuals who have a passion for helping workers fight for better working conditions, dignity on the job, and improvements in the lives of all working families in Oregon and southwest Washington.
SEIU Local 49 is a 13,000-member local union based in Portland. The Local represents and organizes janitors, security officers, and health care workers throughout Oregon and southwest Washington. We are committed to helping workers fight for social and economic justice on the job and in the community.
Position Description: Direct & manage the union's information technology, providing technical direction & assistance with computer systems/networks/databases to users. Also responsible for data security, integrity & confidentiality, including assisting and working with management to implement confidential policies and procedures. This is a salaried, confidential, and exempt position.
- Work with management team to implement the strategic plan for organization-wide technology strategy and infrastructure.
- Proactively engage with staff to problem-solve and lead the creation of solutions to moving the union’s program
- Technological curiosity- willingness and desire to learn, problem solve new challenges in hardware and software with individuals and teams.
- Familiarity with Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Active Directory support and administration
- Responsible for all technical aspects of office IT infrastructure
- Mobile device administration and support with emphasis on iOS
- Experience with Windows 10 Pro and OS X
- Security administrator for all servers, workstations and other IT equipment
- Provide relevant training, technical assistance & direction to staff
- Manage contracts and oversee RFPs for all IT and data contractors and developers
- Drive IT projects based on the IT plan for improvements, staff training, new projects, and problem solving
- Engage in actions, political campaigns, and other programmatic functions of our union outside of IT
- Manage IT budget
- Administer confidential and Human Resources related data & systems security
- Other projects as assigned
Relevant years of experience and/or MSCA certifications in SharePoint, Office 365 and network administration.
Annual wages are $63,562 to $83,579 depending on experience, plus full family health coverage, a defined-benefit
pension and a 401k match, as well as generous leave time. The position is salaried; weekend and evening work is required. Comp time for most weekend work.
SEIU Local 49 is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Great defined-benefit pension, fully paid family health coverage, 401k match, generous leave policy
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter ASAP or by May 15, 2018, to Dave Cutler at email@example.com, or send paper to SEIU Local 49, 3536 SE 26th Ave., Portland OR 97202. We’d list our fax number, but it’s 2018. If you have minimal social-justice experience, please tell us why you're interested in a job working for a progressive labor union.