460 West 41 Street
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing a personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following the health Center and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides evening and overnight coverage for the Health Center.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Understands and abides by CHNY Mission Statement, Five Principles, policies and procedures and is knowledgeable; complies with federal, state, and local laws that govern business practices as well as all accreditation standards that apply to the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse licensure in the State of New York.
- Current AHA approved BLS card.
- One year experience in Medical/Surgical clinic environment preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity required.
- Adaptable to changing work schedules and patient needs.
- Demonstrated Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, medication administration, Multi-tasking, Health Promotion and Maintenance, and ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team needed.
Covenant House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required