12225 Greenville Ave.
Position: Fingerprint Specialist
Program: Safe Release Support (SRS)
Supervisor: Office Manager/SRS Program Director
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Assist sponsors of unaccompanied minors in obtaining family reunification through fingerprinting services (for background checks) and completion of Family Reunification packets.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Effective communication skills with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of survivors of human rights abuses
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to details
- Experience in refugee and immigrant services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a human service field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Schedule appointments by email and over the phone.
- Gather all pertinent information and maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain respectful and professional demeanor with clients and partner agencies.
- Assist sponsors with completion of Family Reunification Packet and related documentation.
- Assess needs and provide sponsors with referrals/resources for both the sponsor and the minor.
- Fingerprint sponsors of unaccompanied minors.
- Prepare and submit fingerprint records and reports for both internal and external use.
- Complete required trainings from LIRS.
- Stay up to date with program changes made internally as well as mandated by LIRS and OSSI.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
Minimum Education Required