A New Way of Life Reentry Project is seeking an experienced Human Resource Manager to lead the organization's HR functions.
The Human Resource Manager will oversee all human resources activities and serves as a strategic HR business partner to the Executive team. The Human Resource Manager will assist in maintaining a Championship culture within the organization that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance. The Human Resource Manager will develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organization’s vision and mission.
- Recruit, interview, and hire new staff.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Prepare offer letters, including researching salaries, and initiate negotiations with prospective new employees.
- Manage employee benefit enrollments including health, dental and vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and any unemployment, disability or worker’s compensation claims.
- Lead the annual Open Enrollment process, including the review, analysis and selection of benefits plans and the coordination of an annual meeting with staff.
- Perform initial systems set-up for new employees, independent contractors, interns and volunteers. This includes set-up for emails, time records, phones, building security, parking access, etc.
- Lead process for off-boarding employees, independent contracts, interns, etc.
- Conduct initial orientation for policies, procedures, systems, and office protocols.
- Support managers in the development of job descriptions, training plans and plans for professional development.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Take a leadership role in the planning and implementation of staff meetings and retreats.
- Implement strategies to maintain a championship culture and enhance staff morale.
- Help to resolve disputes when they arise.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, investigation and terminations
- Update and maintain the Employee Handbook, including making sure it reflects current laws as well as policies and priorities that are aligned with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Enforce company policies, procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of California and Federal employment laws.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred