Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing internal organizational policies, procedures and systems to support the organization’s strategic growth.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for coordinating staff communication, managing the organization’s HR, ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s operations functions; and contributing to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated, systems-oriented, meticulous, detail oriented, and an effective communicator and collaborator. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to expand their career experience by joining a dynamic and growing arts organization
· Review and evaluate current and proposed operating systems and procedures, and recommend strategies for improving clarity, professionalism and efficiency.
· Help outline and oversee the effective implementation of office policies and procedures.
· Manage invoicing and expense processes in collaboration with the finance department.
· Manage facilities staff in cleaning, maintenance and repair of the buildings and equipment.
· Ensure that all building systems meet all applicable local, state and federal codes and regulations.
· Negotiate and oversee all ongoing organization, facilities and IT related service contracts, vendor relationships, and project bids.
· Oversee phone, internet and IT systems maintenance and repairs.
· Develop annual operations plan with the Executive Director.
· Oversee adherence to HR policies and procedures.
· Work with Executive Director and program directors to draft job announcements and job descriptions, including posting and resume intake.
· Manage new employee hiring and training processes.
· Process time sheets for payroll reporting and work with finance department to process payroll.
· Oversee employees’ schedules and compliance with personnel policies. Oversee professional development initiatives for staff.
· Monitor and control program and organizational inventory. Order office supplies as needed.
· Work with finance and fundraising personnel to maintain City, State and Federal government websites for compliance with donor requirements.
· Support the revision of personnel manual, operating manual, and employee handbook.
· Any other tasks as indicated by the Executive Director.
- Minimum 4 years’ operations related experience, including for example, creating and managing organizational systems, developing organizational policies and procedures, and managing/ overseeing organizational IT infrastructure and HR functions.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google docs.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, growing organization.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- A commitment to BCA’s mission and values.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - with subject line “Operations Manager”. No phone calls please.
The Bronx Council on the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.