The NATIONAL NETWORK FOR SAFE COMMUNITIES AT JOHN JAY COLLEGE (NNSC) seeks a full-time Operations Assistant—reporting directly to the Associate Director of Operations—to support the organization’s daily administrative operations from October 2018 to May 2019. Ideal candidates must have the ability to work under pressure while efficiently handling a wide variety of activities and tasks. This is a full-time position but only for the period of October 2018 to May 2019.
The NNSC works with communities to reduce violence, minimize arrest and incarceration, and increase trust between law enforcement and the public.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering and maintaining office supplies, sorting and distributing incoming mail, greeting visitors, keeping common areas neat and organized, and accepting deliveries.
- Provide administrative support to supervisor including scheduling calendar events when dealing with multiple participants, drafting correspondence, meeting preparations, research projects and travel arrangements.
- Track departmental expenses, creating, reviewing and reconciling financial reports of expenditures.
- Update systems with purchase, vendor and tracking confirmations.
- Support the Special Projects Associate with event logistics as needed.
- Create, process, and track purchase orders; maintain records of orders and inventory; and follow up with vendors on shipment and delivery.
- Manage general business correspondence by transferring calls, responding to inquiries, and taking messages.
- Conduct data entry into the organization’s project and financial management system.
This is an entry-level position. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, highly-motivated individual with strong attention to detail; and an ability to independently prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks.
Additional requirements include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including confidence, tact, and nuance, critical for correspondence with senior political and law enforcement personnel.
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to interact with other office staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- An ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Visit https://nnscommunities.org/join-the-network/careers/apply to apply. Cover letter and resume required. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities Act e-verified employer.