Details: Salary is dependent upon experience.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis in accordance with GAAP, as well as provide ongoing financial information to the Executive Director, members of the Senior Management Team and Board to inform decision-making.
- Distribute departmental budgets and oversee bi-monthly meetings with Directors to review budget to actual.
- Ensure accurate general ledger coding for all P&L and balance sheet items.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll including deductions for retirement savings program and benefits; support the plan administration of the retirement savings plan.
- Leadership of financial planning/analysis to support key operational decisions. Manage and forecast cash flow.
- Maintain existing annual audit/control procedures and implement new controls as needed; coordinate all tax filings, including filing of Form 990 and CHAR500.
- Supervise the Government Grants Administrator and the Finance Associate.
- Partner with the Development Department to develop program budgets for proposals as well as produce interim reports that show expenses and budget utilization.
- Partner with Government Grants Administrator in the production of budgets to ensure compliance with grants from Federal and Local Government; perform grants accounting, create vouchers and monitor usage of funds (i.e. SNAP, SBS).
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Set up allocations for salaries and overhead expenses at the beginning of the fiscal year.
- Process invoices, allocate expenses to the proper GL accounts and department, follow up with vendors and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner. Perform vendor maintenance in online expense processing system. Record loan and stipend checks for students.
- Process payments, produce statements of accounts, collections on overdue accounts and account reconciliation when required. Perform customer maintenance in enterprise accounting system.
- Process bank deposits and bank reconciliations as well as managing associated bank entries.
- Verify expenses are within the company guidelines, correct errors, question abnormal expenses, and enter expenses into the accounting system.
- Communicate with staff to obtain supporting documentation for reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Update internal training guides and procedure manuals.
- Perform Month End Close including oversight of metro card/target card inventory, review of accrued and prepaid expenses. Petty cash reconciliation.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- CPA required.
- Deep functional knowledge of day-to-day financial and accounting management for non-profits; understanding of the financial needs of a social enterprise is a plus.
- Ability to switch between multiple priorities and to function in fast paced environment across two office locations and multiple business needs.
- Knowledge of Fund E-Z non-profit accounting software is a plus.
Valued skill sets:
- A commitment to our mission.
- Ability to identify errors on large spreadsheets/models and ability to dig into the data to understand the source of the errors.
- Ability to identify when a process needs to be implemented, changed or left alone.
- Intellectual curiosity and strategic thinking.
- Capacity to take the initiative without being asked.
- Driven to getting the end-result on/before deadline and with exceptional accuracy.
- Possession of both a “big picture” understanding of the role of the finance function while simultaneously being comfortable digging into the details of the business.
- Comfort in an entrepreneurial environment that seeks to implement new processes and enjoys the challenge of growing a business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience required to support change throughout our organization.
HOPE provides a full package of benefits including: healthcare and dental insurance; retirement plan; competitive vacation (plus 1/2 day Fridays during summer which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days); personal and bonus days; and 12 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.