100 Wall Street
The Medical Donations Program is CMMB’s largest and most extensive program. During FY 2018, a wide range of gifts in-kind (GIK) pharmaceutical products and medical supplies were donated by pharmaceutical partners with a value approximating $700 million and warehoused at our 32,000 square foot Distribution Center. In turn, approximately $600 million of GIK donations were shipped from the Distribution Center and distributed free of charge through CMMB’s extensive network of partners for use by health facilities and medical practitioners serving beneficiaries in countries throughout the developing world.
CMMB is recruiting for the position of Director, Distribution Center to be based in Long Island City (Queens), New York. The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
As the Director of the Distribution Center, you will be responsible for all receiving, warehousing, valuing, distribution planning, transporting, tracking and information gathering activities for all donated and purchased inventory flowing through CMMB’s Medical Donations Program in line with: (i) established CMMB policies, procedures, systems and reporting lines; (ii) donor, third party and governmental compliance requirements; (iii) statutory safety and security protocols; and (iv) industry best practices. You will be directly supported by a team of experiences and high performing logistics and distribution team members. You will work in close collaboration with the Pharmaceutical Engagement Team that is responsible for the direct management and growth of strategic partnerships with donor pharmaceutical partners, and large and small consignee partners with extensive global in-country networks of health facilities and medical practitioners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- •Ensure the continued success of CMMB’s Medical Donations Program through effective supply chain management, logistical support and compliance for all GIK donations and purchased pharmaceutical products and medical supplies
- Lead the implementation of: (i) effective warehousing and transportation practices; (ii) efficient vendor selections; (iii) responsive information technology support; (iv) cutting edge logistical analyses; and (v) comprehensive & timely compliance, information gathering & management reporting. This will be aligned with industry best practices, statutory regulations, donor reporting requirements and established CMMB policies.
- Ensure the Medical Donations Program’s accountability by closely managing and monitoring, in close consultation with the Senior Director of the Medical Donations Program, the planned receipt, storage, distribution, transport and tracking of pharmaceutical products and medical supplies to partner organizations within the context of: (i) evolving industry trends; (ii) increasingly complex donor & governmental (DSCSA) compliance requirements; (iii) transition to a more demand-driven business model; (iv) need for improved consignee information management & reporting; and (v) increasing partnering opportunities to include expanding existing networks and third party employee engagement opportunities.
- Formulate & implement the annual Distribution Center work plan in line with Medical Donation Program priorities, well-defined deliverables, clear reporting lines, aligned staff work plans & budgetary estimates.
- Maintain strong internal controls; safeguard inventory & organizational assets; and identify, mitigate & report on key operational risks.
- Identify, troubleshoot & resolve systemic and ad hoc receiving, warehousing, inventory valuation, distribution planning, shipping, information reporting, IT systems, logistical, compliance and administrative issues.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely financial & operational information and data/trend analyses to the CFO and senior management for decision-making purposes.
- Ensure the accurate valuation of all GIK donations in line with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and industry standards.
- Oversee the accurate, complete and timely preparation, review and submission of all routine and ad hoc Medical Donations Program analyses, reports and briefs.
- Meet all statutory, donor and governmental (DSCSA) compliance requirements comprehensively & timely; respond to all compliance audits, investigations and partner enquiries.
- Strengthen the coordination of domestic & international shipments, to include formulation of appropriate processes & policies, and close coordination with staff, consignees and vendors.
- Ensure the accurate, complete & timely receipt of all prescribed consignee partner organization shipping and distribution information.
- Support CMMB in-country beneficiary networks by ensuring timely, demand-driven GIK product offers are made to and responded on by CMMB Country Directors, Program Managers and Procurements Officers.
- Maintain CMMB distributor licensing; create and maintain compliance documentation; review and revise related standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide adequate business processes, reporting templates & systems support, together with requisite supply chain management capacity building and training, to CMMB country offices on an as needs basis.
- Safeguard and limit access to all sensitive documentation and information.
- Serve as the primary focal point with existing and potential third-party transport, equipment and services vendors; review and approve all invoices for payment.
- Ensure the cost-effective and timely procurement of vendor services, materials, equipment and medical purchases through the application of CMMB procurement policies and procedures with emphasis on: (i) adequacy of competitive bidding; (ii) technical competence; (iii) timeliness of delivery; (iv) value for money; and (v) vendor reference checks.
- Oversee the management and use of warehousing equipment/supplies, shipping materials and office furniture, including maintenance scheduling and consumption trend analyses as applicable.
- Ensure all IT hardware, software & communications equipment are properly maintained & adequately secured.
- Lead the annual formulation of the Distribution Center budget, covering all operational activities & proposed purchases; ensure monthly monitoring thereof at the expense line level.
- Manage the petty cash fund and corporate credit card.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of Distribution Center staff and premises.
- Lead and supervise all direct reports (Senior Specialist Consignee Relations and Logistics and four Distribution Generalists), and in so doing, build a more efficient cross-functional, collaborative and culturally aware team.
- Collaborate closely and consult regularly with the Pharmaceutical Engagement Team.
- Provide clear performance guidance for all direct and indirect reports, to include setting clear expectations, regular feedback, mid-term reviews, annual performance appraisals, mentoring and training.
- Identify staff development needs, retention challenges and succession strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics or IT
- 10 plus years of relevant global supply chain management, warehousing, logistics and distribution experience with pharmaceutical products and medical supplies in either a pharmaceutical company or international NGO; 3 plus years at the managerial/supervisory level
- Ability to analyze and assess existing business flows, databases and reporting systems
- Add value through the introduction of best industry practices leading to: (i) enhanced internal controls; (ii) improved compliance, information gathering and reporting; (iii) strengthened workplace practices; and (iv) mitigation of associated risks
- Hands-on, responsive and organized individual; prioritizes strategically; works effectively under pressure; consistently able to deliver within short timelines
- Multi-tasks and leads by example; pays attention to details; quickly identifies and resolves operational problems
- Demonstrated record of high ethical standards, strong operational stewardship, and good business judgement
- Strong inter-personal, communications, mentoring and collaboration skills
- Sound leadership, people management and team-building skills
- Relevant Microsoft Office, Database, Warehouse Management System and inventory valuation knowledge
- Commitment to CMMB’s mission and core values within the context of a faith-based organizational setting
- Master’s degree and or relevant supply chain management/logistics certifications a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
CLICK HERE to apply.