Girls Who Code is a national non-profit organization working to close the gender gap in technology. Through our free Summer Immersion Program (SIP) and after school Clubs, we are leading the movement to inspire, educate, and equip young women with the computing skills to pursue careers in technology fields. As a integral member of the Community Partnerships Recruitment Team, the Community Partnerships Associate will be responsible for several projects that are crucial for expansion of our programs. The Community Partnerships Associate will have an opportunity to work closely with the Community Partnerships Team as we prepare to scale from 3,500 Clubs to 6,500 Clubs by 2019. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, metrics driven environment and excels in managing multiple projects independently.
- Support Community Partnership Managers and Regional Partnership Coordinators with researching national, state and local STEM initiatives
- Assist with identifying potential partnering community organizations (schools, libraries, faith-based organizations and other community based organizations)
- Support Club and SIP application conversion through individualized follow-up
- Research strategic events for Community Partnerships Managers and Regional Partnership Coordinators to attend to raise awareness of GWC programs and support with Clubs and SIP recruitment
- Track all event information and outcomes in the team’s centralized events tracker
- Coordinate event logistics and collateral shipments for Community Partnership Managers and Regional Partnerships Coordinators
- Support with writing content for Recruitment marketing campaigns
- Host weekly virtual information sessions to promote GWC’s Clubs and Summer Immersion Program
- Serve as point person for collateral ordering, inventory tracking and shipments to remote staff
- Follow-up with leads that come through interest forms on the GWC website, fielding to appropriate Community Partnership Manager as needed
- Team lead for the CRM tool Cirrus Insight, supporting CPMs with developing strategy for state-specific email campaigns
- Building and maintaining national and state Salesforce dashboards to measure the team’s progress toward application targets for the Clubs and Summer Immersion Program
- Serving as the recruitment team’s liaison to the System Operations and Research teams
- Support data entry and data clean-up of contact records
- A passion for the GWC mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years prior work experience
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Data driven: the ability to track outcomes through set goals
- Excellent oral/written communication and people skills with an ability to balance priorities, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort with using Google Suite and with learning new systems such as Salesforce
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of and/or interest in computer science, technology, and/or education preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position.
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.