Details: Mid to High 30s
102 West Germantown Pike
Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is seeking a full-time Family Advocate. The Family Advocate is considered to be a member of the multidisciplinary team, along with The Montgomery County Office of Children and Youth, District Attorney’s Office, law enforcement, medical professionals and medical specialists. The Family Advocate must possess the skills and demeanor to interface with child victims and their parents and the other professionals who form the multidisciplinary team around any given case.
The critical role of the Family Advocate is to educate clients, help them anticipate possible stressors, provide accurate, up-to-date information, and continued access to services. The Family Advocate coordinates services to ensure a consistent and comprehensive network of support for the child and family. The Family Advocate at Mission Kids provides support to child victims of crime (primarily child sexual abuse, but also serious physical abuse, and witnesses to violent crimes) and their non-offending family members.
Mission Kids provides a friendly and supportive work environment, with a commitment to professional development. Additional benefits include:
- Medical / Dental
- A comprehensive, quality group health and dental insurance plans are available to full-time employees.
- Employees will pay 15% of the annual premium, with a fixed amount deducted from payroll each pay period. An employee may bear the additional cost of medical coverage for dependents or a domestic partner through the agency’s group plan via payroll deduction.
- Full-time employees, who are eligible for this coverage but elect not to take them (perhaps due to spousal coverage), will not receive compensation in lieu of these benefits. If an employee refuses coverage, they must sign a waiver of insurance form.
- 403B with Match
- Mission Kids has a Retirement Plan which is open to all employees once they have completed the Introductory Period. The plan allows employees to contribute a portion of their pre-tax salary into a 403b Retirement Account.
- Match -Up to 4% contribution/employee, if employee contributes 4%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) may be taken as vacation time, to allow you to rest, relax, and pursue special interests. PTO may also be used during an employee’s own illness, to care for an ill child, family member, partner or for medical, legal or other personal business appointments which can only be scheduled during business hours.
- Regular full-time employees (40 hours per week) are eligible to accrue PTO on a pro-rated basis with each pay period. The amount of PTO provided is based on length of service.
- Each employee is allotted 30 minutes per day for lunch (2.5 hours per week).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social services, psychology, criminal justice or related field and three years’ experience; Master’s degree a plus. Experience with child abuse/child sexual abuse a plus.
• Valid PA driver’s license and insurance required
• Good computer skills and proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel required
• Excellent oral and written skills required
• Bi-lingual a plus
• Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances
Minimum Education Required