Details: Salary range commensurate with experience, but not below a base salary of $75K.
1535 Spruce Street
eTown, a leading music, culture, and community non-profit based in Boulder with a nationally-syndicated radio program, is seeking a Deputy Director who will provide leadership for the organization’s day-to-day operations, business development and programs. The Deputy Director will work closely with the organization’s executive staff and board and report to eTown’s Executive Director.
The Deputy Director provides leadership, oversees the overall administrative management of the organization and office, and facilitates implementation of strategic objectives and programmatic initiatives. The Deputy Director contributes to business development and fundraising activities, community engagement and events, and budget planning and financial reporting. This position does not require extensive knowledge of music/media production, however, experience in a content-driven arts/music, community, or media organization setting is highly beneficial.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all administrative areas to assure operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Represent eTown with the city of Boulder and other governments/agencies, as well as with other non-
- profit community, arts, and media alliances and organizations
- Supervise hiring and performance management activities for staff, as appropriate
- Convene and facilitate regular staff meetings
- Track employee and contractor administrative/HR paperwork
- Work with Controller to maintain all insurance, workers’ comp, disability, and state unemployment
- insurance policies and claims
- Assist with operations and business development, such as annual audit, budgeting, fundraising
- appeals, donor tracking and engagement, sponsorship cultivation, grant development and reporting
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, interface with Board of Directors and assist in board-
- related meetings, communications, engagement, and activities
- Assist with planning and production of fundraising and public engagement events
- Contribute to ongoing organizational strategic planning
- Contribute to ensuring eTown’s continued fulfillment of its mission and strategic plan through
- planning, implementing, and reporting on programmatic initiatives
- Required Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in non-profit or media organization management, or related work
- Supervisory experience in a non-profit or related professional setting
- Demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, work effectively with leadership, and build
- internal and external support amongst diverse staff, stakeholders, donors, and partners
- Flexibility in responding to the changing needs of a dynamic organization
Desirable Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of non-profit and administrative principles and practices
- Strong leadership, decision making, interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
- Technical proficiency, preferably including familiarity with CMSs, grant management, or other
- database programs, and with financial reporting/accounting software
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive organization and environment as a key strategy for
- enhancing/deepening operations, programs and mission, and to achieving organizational excellence
- Proven record as a forward-thinking leader and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated experience with budget development, analysis, and management
- Demonstrated experience in audience development and engagement
- Proven knowledge about marketing, communications, and digital initiatives
- Experience in planning public engagement, arts, fundraising, or similar events
- Demonstrated success in attracting, managing, and retaining talented staff, and the ability to create a
- positive and effective work environment
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Hours and Time Commitment - The Deputy Director works full time (40 hours per week) and will be required to attend occasional off-site and on-site events in the evenings and on weekends. Occasional travel is also required.
eTown is a non-profit, nationally syndicated radio broadcast/podcast, multimedia and events production company. Our mission is to educate, entertain and inspire a diverse audience through music and conversation in order to create a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable world.
eTown is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Health Insurance Reimbursement
Exciting work environment
Excellent colleagues and community
Opportunity to attend awesome and enlightening events
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process - Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Deputy Director Position” in subject line. No phone calls please.