The Technical Expert (TE) provides technical expertise in quality measurement science across the National Quality Forum’s (NQF’s) quality measurement and improvement projects. Specifically, the TE will advise NQF and provide technical support on complex issues related to measure testing, risk adjustment, and measurement approaches, including electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs), instrument-based measures, cost and efficiency, and composite and outcome measurement. The position also serves as a technical resource for NQF staff and fosters the knowledge basis in measurement science among staff.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides thought partnership in measurement science, including identifying emerging trends and potential issues in measurement science, developing recommendations for addressing, and implementing recommendations to improve quality measurement.
- Identifies strategic external opportunities to advance NQF’s prominence in quality measurement science.
- Participates in strategically driven external speaking engagements and co-authors strategically driven peer-reviewed publications in measurement science.
- Clearly articulates complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Serves as a measurement science technical expert on NQF project teams.
- Provides training and expertise to increase quality measurement science knowledge and understanding among non-technical staff.
- Supports staff and advises on talent management to increase staff with substantial measurement science knowledge.
- Provides guidance in measurement science for NQF committees and members, including identifying and addressing issues and opportunities and responding to external feedback.
- Works with Senior Technical Expert in providing oversight of the NQF Scientific Methods Panel and assists with scientific methodological evaluations of submitted complex measures.
- Partners with project teams on NQF’s measure evaluation criteria to ensure requirements for evidence, testing, feasibility, use and usability remain relevant to the growing complexity of measures and measurement approaches.
- Takes on additional or alternate responsibilities as needs dictate in support of NQF’s continued growth and development.
- Advanced degree in a clinical discipline, statistics, health economics, public health or healthcare management with training on measurement
- Minimum of 7 years of post-school experience in measurement science and/or development and/or implementation of measurement in quality and safety of health care.
- Experience with NQF committees and evaluation processes a plus.
- Experience with federal programs a plus
- Proficiency to provide subject matter expertise (SME) to guide project teams
- Ability and desire to learn new content in order to guide projects in a variety of content areas
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with independently drafting large portions of project deliverables and distilling key themes/messages
- Proven leadership of developing new ideas and solutions, applying experience and expertise
- Proficiency in effectively facilitating change and encouraging others to follow
- Building proficiency to actively participate in business development (BD) efforts and promotion of an organization, including external BD conversations, internal BD. brainstorming, and development of proposals, concept papers, and statements of work, demonstrating technical expertise
- Effective collaboration with external stakeholders and effective interactions with internal colleagues, helping guide staff through effective interactions.
- Ability to support, coach/mentor junior staff and colleagues on technical and content areas and projects; serve as a positive role model and escalate staffing or organizational issues
- Proficiency with strategic thinking and thought leadership including identifying emerging trends and potential issues leading development of new ideas and solutions, including external opportunities
- Ability to speak or write on behalf of an organization and cultivate external relationships, utilizing expertise and experience through speaking engagements and publications, as well as regular participation in external committees, panels, and networks
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline on a complicated array of projects, meeting defined outcomes on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline on a complicated array of projects, meeting defined outcomes on time and within budget
- Demonstrated mastery of drafting large portions of project deliverables and distilling key themes/messages
- Demonstrated leadership of developing new ideas and solutions, applying experience and expertise
- Experience presenting and writing on behalf of an organization
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the primary environment the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.