Jefferson Park (LA)
About GOOD+ Foundation
Founded by Jessica Seinfeld in 2001, GOOD+ Foundation is a nonprofit organization that partners with a national network of leading programs to break the cycle of family poverty by pairing donated children’s goods with transformational family services. These donated goods help to incentivize parental enrollment and achievement in programs designed to give parents the tools and skills necessary to rise out of poverty. Through the generous support of donors and over 50,000 volunteers, GOOD+ Foundation has donated nearly $40 million in children’s items through its partner network across the United States. The organization has been rated 4-Stars by Charity Navigator and received national accreditation from the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance for its efficient fundraising and operations.
Position Summary: The LA Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for processing and inventorying all individual product donations, managing warehouse organization, and supporting all daily operations necessary to prepare, run, and host various volunteer groups (both in-house and offsite) while seeking opportunities for corporate and institutional giving through volunteerism. The role oversees the development, growth, efficiency and logistics of the volunteer program ensuring that the program supports the organization’s mission of distributing essential children’s products to a network of nonprofit organizations throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area.
Reporting: This role will report directly to the LA Program & Operations Manager
Volunteer Management Responsibilities:
● Implements a holistic plan for the volunteer program and monitors activities, organization, timeline, resources and communications to ensure it meets desired outcomes of processing and preparing product donations for distribution to program partners across LA.
● Works closely with the LA program team to ensure that volunteers and timing of activities support real-time program needs from inventorying incoming product donations from corporations and individuals to prepping items for distribution to a network of 50 non-profit organizations in LA.
● Develops an annual strategy and calendar for LA volunteer program in collaboration with the Program Manager in New York with close consideration of national campaigns and objectives, including youth service opportunities and growth of GOOD+ Foundation’s corporate volunteer program.
● Sets up, facilitates, and cleans up after all on-site and off-site volunteer events and special projects, including recruiting volunteers, planning and scheduling projects, prepping materials and supplies, scheduling couriers, tracking invoices, monitoring volunteer output, and pre- and post- communications.
● Identifies, secures, cultivates and engages local and regional corporate donor prospects and individuals through volunteerism with careful attention to volunteer experience and fundraising through corporate volunteer events.
● Conducts research on local corporations to identify those with strong philanthropy, employee giving and matching gift programs, and works to develop relationships through volunteer engagement.
● Manages relationships with all online and community drive organizers and product donation drop sites to increase individual product donations and awareness of organization.
● Maintains an updated master volunteer database with name, email contact, phone and address. Works regularly with the Marketing and Development Coordinator to update database in online communication systems. Also tracks data on all volunteer groups, hours, and projects to measure the impact of our volunteer program.
● Works with LA program team to ensure that individual and corporate product donations are properly labeled, processed in a timely manner, entered into an inventory management system, and sorted and organized in the warehouse to support program team.
● Coordinates with Warehouse Assistant and volunteers to process, screen, and sort all individual product donations (IPD), daily and enters incoming donations through our electronic inventory management app GoCanvas.
● 1 - 2 years of experience in volunteer management required.
● Experience organizing product and space effectively.
● Familiarity with electronic inventorying systems is a plus.
● Experience operating a manual pallet jack is a plus.
● Experience facilitating large volunteer projects with excellent customer service.
Abilities and Skills:
● Effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
● Strong commitment to the spirit of volunteerism
● Comfortable engaging volunteers in a warehouse setting & inspire them to be a part of the GOOD+ mission
● Write and edit clear, succinct, compelling and error-free communications.
● Comfortable with donor solicitation and financial asks.
● Responsible, reliable, hard-working, and comfortable in a hands-on role
(Most GOOD+ Foundation volunteer projects involve preparing children’s items, such as clothing, baby items, books, and toys to prepare them for distribution to our program partners.)
● Self-motivated and able to work independently, while also collaborating in a small team setting.
● Willing to travel between warehouses and office to help with processing and inventorying product donations (company reimburses for mileage).
● Ability to pick up new information quickly, while taking direction and guidance well.
● Thinks creatively about generating new, innovative ways to better serve volunteers & corporate relationships.
● Possesses great “people-skills” for guiding volunteers through projects and creating a welcoming environment.
Full medical benefits, including dental and vision. Eligible for 403(b) retirement plan.
Schedule: 40 hours a week. Available to work nights and weekends, as needed. (Company offers comp time for time put in after regular work hours.)
Minimum Education Required