Details: Commensurate with experience
660 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast
District of Columbia
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup dedicated to closing the literacy gap for students in grades 3-12 across the United States and abroad. We develop open educational resources, flexible curricular materials, and integrated technology tools that promote high-quality reading and writing instruction. Our resources are freely available to all teachers and students at www.CommonLit.org.
We are looking for a Education Technology Support Associate with exceptional people skills and a strong interest in supporting teachers and students and education technology. The ideal candidate is excited to work for a fast-paced nonprofit startup, willing to wear many hats, and committed to closing the achievement gap. The person who assumes this role will communicate daily with deserving teachers and students who rely on CommonLit for access to high-quality literacy materials, so a passion for helping others is a must. This role allows for growth within the organization, including potential product or project management opportunities.
- Assist the Product Support Specialist in providing an exceptional user experience for our 6 million teacher and student users by investigating and solving user issues, monitoring user suggestions, and proposing product improvements.
- User-test new features and provide constructive feedback on user experience (UX) and product design.
- Support the product and engineering teams in meeting departmental milestones for website development.
- A Bachelor's degree (communications, literature, education, computer sciences, or other humanities field preferred) or equivalent experience
- Experience with exemplary customer service; must be empathetic and friendly with a desire to help underserved communities
- Dedication to providing an excellent user experience
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills required
- Design experience is appreciated though not required
- Coding experience is appreciated though not required
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Health insurance; paid vacation and sick days; remote work days
Minimum Education Required