1326 5th Avenue
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and “WASH” sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
· People - People first. People second. People third.
· Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
· Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
· Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
· Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
We’re looking for a highly effective fundraising professional to join our development team in the critical role of Major Gifts Officer (MGO). This position offers the opportunity to help Splash build and implement a major gifts strategy to support our ambitious fundraising and programmatic goals. S/he will manage a existing portfolio of individuals and family foundations, while leading efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new donors.
The MGO reports to the Director of Business Development. S/he works with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Development team, and other staff. This position will contribute to Splash’s mission in a positive, joyful environment that supports learning and professional growth.
The Major Gifts Officer will:
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Business Development to design and implement Splash’s major gifts fundraising strategy, including the development of a high-end giving circle of donors making unrestricted gifts of $50,000+
- Manage and grow Splash’s major donor portfolio consisting of donors giving at the $10K+ level through relationship development, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Build the major gifts pipeline by leveraging relationships with donors, partners, supporters, board members and staff
- Create customized stewardship plans, reports, and correspondence for current and prospective major donors
- Create opportunities, activities, and events to attract new donors, cultivate current donors and build the Splash brand, especially in the greater Seattle area
- Represent Splash within the community at-large and generate qualified leads from conferences, functions, and events
- Stay abreast of key issues and trends in international development in general, and the WASH sector in particular, and communicate these to donors and prospects
- Effectively represent and articulate the work of Splash and share the impact of our work with donors in authentic and compelling ways
- Organize international donor learning trips in partnership with Splash staff in Seattle and internationally
- Maintain accurate records in the Salesforce database
- As requested, assist with other aspects of fundraising strategy, marketing, and communications
- Passion for Splash’s mission and values
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years in fundraising
- Proven track record of closing $50K+ gifts and reaching revenue targets
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to create a cohesive and compelling story that inspires funders to act
- Ability to represent Splash to the public, including as a speaker or participant in conferences and events
- Extensive knowledge of professional fundraising standards, ethics and practices
- Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours; availability for occasional domestic and international travel
- You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment
- You are an effective communicator at all levels in an organization, with excellent verbal and written skills
- You possess an extremely high level of trustworthiness, integrity, and work ethic
- You have great organizational skills and are able to manage and effectively prioritize multiple tasks and projects at a time
- You take a proactive approach and bring a problem-solving attitude
- You love collaboration as well as independence, and are able to be flexible with work logistics and hours as needed to meet critical deadlines
- You have excellent judgment and don’t hesitate to ask for guidance when you need more information
- You exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with remote team members
To apply: http://www.splash.org/careers
Splash provides generous benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401K.
Minimum Education Required