District of Columbia
Social Media Manager
National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), a nonprofit advocacy organization, is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team. The Social Media Manager will manage NPCA's social media accounts to engage and grow our online community, including day-to-day strategy and execution. Additionally, the individual in this role will develop compelling, creative and engaging copy for all social media channels, including basic graphics and images where appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications, Competencies, Skills, Education, and Traits:
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in online communication. Must include prior professional or volunteer work using social media.
· Baccalaureate degree or equivalent work experience. Coursework or emphasis on communication, journalism, marketing, political science, or environmental studies preferred but not required.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Familiarity with best practices for outreach via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including paid placements on all three platforms.
· Familiarity with basic or intermediate analytics practices for evaluating social media performance.
· Proven ability to work under time constraints, meet deadlines, organize tasks, and maintain a good rapport with staff and suppliers.
· Work well under pressure with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Demonstrated ability to produce several creative solutions to a problem.
· Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.npca.org for a full job description. Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org under "Careers". No phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link below: