262 Cedar Lane
BELONG! is the love of Christ in action, offering a range of opportunities to create spiritual, physical and economic well-being for people who live in pockets of poverty in Northern Virginia, starting with the Vienna Park / Cunningham Park communities.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for leading staff and volunteers, and for guiding the organization to fulfill its vision and mission through programs that address employment, transportation, child and youth development, nutrition, ESOL, and spiritual formation.
Major tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Launch and guide BELONG! as planed or as otherwise agreed with the Board.
- As the chief of staff, recruit, train, motivate and supervise staff and volunteers.
- Oversee and execute all programs, supporting volunteer working groups focused on each program area.
- Manage, resource, and coach staff, holding them accountable and facilitating an attractive organizational culture. Includes hiring, terminations, compensation, benefit programs, and performance reviews.
- Serve as the chief administrative officer of the Center, overseeing its operations. Allocate resources to improve efficiencies and accountability and align all operational functions in support of BELONG’s mission.
- The Executive Director interacts regularly with the BELONG! Board, keeping them informed and facilitating decisions on key matters of strategy and policy.
- In coordination with the BELONG! Board and partner organizations, develop and implement immediate, short-term, and intermediate (2-5 years) plans.
- Direct fundraising for the general program and for specific events.
- Ensure compliance with Child and Youth Protection Policy.
- Other duties as agreed with the Board.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and Personal Characteristics necessary to perform the job; required qualifications, experience and certifications for the position
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Must possess the skills necessary to prioritize effectively and follow through on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills in the English language (written and oral), and the ability to motivate people to action. A sound sense of expediency, accuracy and cooperation is essential to this position.
- A heart for God and a mindset that fully embodies BELONG!’s mission.
- 5+ years of professional management experience with direct personnel responsibility.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in business or management, social work, or related field.
- Track record of effective administrative performance.
- Strong working knowledge of office computer systems.
- Experience with workforce development (certification a plus)
The ED will help define BELONG!'s benefit policies in consultation with the Board of Directors
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish-English and/or Arabic-English preferred
Minimum Education Required