The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for working with the President in developing and implementing the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors in building Justice Ventures International’s (JVI) Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
US Program Management:
- Develop and implement JVI’s U.S.-based program and operations plan in collaboration with the President and the Board of Directors.
Overseas Program Management:
- Develop and implement justice-related ministries in collaboration with field leadership in India, Nepal and China to (a) eradicate human trafficking, (b) empower the urban poor, and (c) ensure justice for other vulnerable groups.
Communications and Development:
- Research, identify, apply for, and manage funding sources (foundations,corporations, churches, government and individuals).
- Assist in developing and executing a marketing and development plan.
- Assist with ongoing communications efforts with prayer partners, volunteers, investors/donors, and other partners.
- Assist with developing and executing a strategy to recruit and place volunteer professionals from various disciplines to participate in JVI’s ministry from the US and overseas in India, Nepal and China.
- Assist in maintaining the books, reporting regularly to the Board, and preparing and maintaining budgets. Assist with external reporting and compliance filings.
- Provide other support and assistance to the President in achieving JVI’s mission.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in law, business, nonprofit management, or other relevant field;
- Minimum of five years experience in leading and managing teams;
- Experience designing, managing, and evaluating programs;
- Experience working in a cross-cultural or developing world setting;
- Demonstrated diplomacy in professional settings;
- Ability to organize and motivate a team representing diverse disciplines
- such as investigators, businessmen, social workers, community
- development professionals, lawyers and administrators;
- Experience managing an annual budget or comparable financial
- management experience;
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and build relationships with partner
- organizations; and
- Experience providing spiritual leadership to others.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith;
- Proven ability to solve problems;
- A genuine passion for JVI and its clients;
- A winsome and personable team player;
- Professional demeanor; and
- Superior written and verbal communications.
- Occasional travel within the USA and to India, Nepal and China
- Organizational Information
- Position to be based in the USA
Minimum Education Required