ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPEN POSITION
POSITION: Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Communications
LOCATION: Stand Affiliate Office
Your role stands at the intersection of visual communications and the fight to change our education systems for those children and families from under resourced communities. As a key member of Stand’s National Communications team at a moment of tremendous need and opportunity, you will be responsible for working with our National Marketing & Communications team and affiliate states’ Marketing and Communication’s staff to portray our brand, message, and story in a creative and visual way to be used in digital and print materials. Through your dedication and passionate approach to the role, you get the opportunity to work with colleagues who not only care deeply about justice and equity, but who are bold and strategic and take responsibility for achieving substantial progress toward our mission every year.
Stand is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
* Provide design support to create and update print, web, and digital materials
o Collateral design used for marketing, development, and family engagement programs, including but not limited to: the annual report, one-pagers, brochures, flyers, stationery, event invites, event materials, membership forms, registration forms, and video;
o Logo design for a variety of campaigns and initiatives across the network;
o Editorial layout for newsletters and emails;
o Info-graphic creation for shareable content via social networks;
o Photo editing for print and web;
o Designing updates for Stand’s website and all complimentary microsites;
o Creating relevant graphics to complement website and blog content;
* Providing support for brand development projects
o Research market trends;
o Update and maintain visual resource library;
o Maintain cohesive visual identity in line with our brand guidelines;
* Provide guidance and recommendations to internal clients
o Provide feedback and guidance on maximizing effectiveness of materials through design elements;
o Serve as a thought-partner to colleagues in the planning and development of campaigns and collateral;
o Ensure materials are designed and executed in a way that abide by Stand’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
* Passionate commitment to Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
* 5-6 years’ graphic design experience;
* Demonstrable layout skills and an eye for typography;
* A strong customer service orientation and dedicated team player;
* Well organized, with proven attention to detail, and a history of completing requests on time and on budget;
* Proficient in both PC and Mac systems;
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS5 and CS6 preferably); proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign;
* Knowledge of public education issues strongly preferred;
* Budget conscious, meticulous approach and polished delivery;
* An entrepreneurial, learning orientation and an ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback;
* A tremendous drive and strong ability to achieve outcomes;
* Communications background preferred;
* Experience with graphic design for a campaign, mission-driven organization, or movement required;
* Roles typically require the ability to be stationary for extended periods of time, to transfer items less than 10 pounds, and may require the ability to climb stairs;
* Fluency in written Spanish-language preferred.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter at http://stand.org/careers. No calls please.
To learn more about Stand, please visit www.stand.org/about
Minimum Education Required