Details: DOE plus excellent benefits
2500 18th St
The Homeless Prenatal Program (HPP) is seeking a mission driven Development Operations Associate to join the development team and to provide support with data management, donor cultivation, and fundraising events.
HPP is a nationally-recognized and award-winning family resource center that empowers low-income and homeless families, particularly mothers motivated by pregnancy and parenthood, to find within themselves the strength and confidence they need to transform their lives. HPP offers case management, prenatal and parenting support, housing assistance, domestic violence services, mental health services, substance abuse support, child welfare support, job training and emergency support of basic needs to over 4,000 families annually. The agency HPP was recently identified as one of the highest-impact nonprofits fighting homelessness in the Bay Area by Philanthopedia, a division of Guidestar, as well as one of the top 10 San Francisco Business Times’ “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.”
Title: Development Operations Associate
Department: Development Department
Reports To: Development Director
FLSA Status: Full-time (39/hrs), Exempt
Directly Leads: N/A
Coordinates With: Executive Director, Communications Associate, Grant Writer(s) and Volunteer Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Development Operations Associate is responsible for supporting the Development Department through data management, donor cultivation and general support. The Development Operations Associate provides critical organizational skills and data analysis to help the team implement fundraising strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Database Leadership
- Take ownership of HPP’s Salesforce donor database and donor lists as relevant for internal/external communications (including annual report, newsletters, e-marketing and special events) with a focus on data entry to capture donor information and activity.
- Process all gifts (individual, corporate, foundation and event), including: Salesforce gift entry, acknowledgement and creating/calendaring additional tasks.
- Assist donors with gift transactions (employee giving, credit card transactions).
- Track and report on donor campaigns, fundraising progress and other metrics/analytics.
- Support Development Team with database/systems improvements, individual donor tracking and grants management.
- Support Finance Team with reconciliation reports.
- Manage online donation forms and database configuration.
- Manage 3rd party online accounts.
2. Donor Cultivation/Stewardship
- Create polished lists to organize prospect, stewardship, cultivation and solicitation efforts in accordance with the Development Plan including, but not exclusive to appeals, events (including guest lists) and e-newsletters.
- With the support of the Development Director and other team members, implement large-scale mailing strategies and calendars.
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator in volunteer/in-kind donor strategies.
3. Special Event Support
- Manage guestlists and Eventbrite/Salesforce integration for two major annual fundraisers, as well as smaller events as needed.
- Lead registration planning, set-up and day-of activities at events.
- Additional software research and implementation as needed.
4. Development Team & Administrative Support
- Help write, edit and maintain donor ask and acknowledgement letters.
- Manage volunteers and interns as needed to accomplish large projects.
- Provide general support as needed for development-wide projects related to publications, donor events, meetings and other initiatives.
- In-house printing for mailings.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for database management and data reporting and analysis.
- Salesforce expertise. Administrator level preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, with outstanding Excel skills and ability to format data.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to provide high level of customer services to both internal and external entities.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize competing goals and make improvements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute as needed.
- Understanding of and commitment to social justice, HPP’s mission and organizational values.
- Collaborative approach to work and commitment to ethical fundraising practices.
Work Environment: Fast paced work environment with multiple demands presented at all times.
Interested candidates should send a brief writing sample, cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls please.
The Homeless Prenatal Program welcomes all staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its hiring policies, and other programs. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency welcomed but not required.
Minimum Education Required