40 Central Avenue
Job tasks include:
• The director will develop each Sunday’s lesson and distribute the lesson plans to teachers using the many resources available, as well his/her own creativity and inspiration.
• We’re blessed with a cadre of dedicated Sunday School teachers and Youth Group leaders. The management and support of these folks is a key component of successful C&Y ministry at All Saints’. The director will schedule, train, recruit, communicate to and on behalf of these folks.
• On Sundays, the director will supervise Sunday School activities and promote a joyful Sunday experience for our children and teachers alike.
• The director will lead our children and youth in celebrating Christmas, Easter and the seasons of the church year through special lessons, programs, and events.
• The director will carry out all the necessary tasks that these undertakings require, including ordering and stocking supplies, scheduling C&Y teachers and events, finding substitutes for teachers, and communicating with parents, kids, Youth Group leaders and teachers.
• Experience working with children, parents, youth.
• Be familiar with the teachings and tenets of Christianity, but you don't have to be a seminary graduate, or expert in theology.
• Familiarity with the practices of the liturgical Christian tradition will be helpful. For example, do you know what Lent or Advent is?
• Experience with Christian Formation will be helpful. For example, did you go to Sunday School or CCD as a kid? Do you kids go now? Experience as Sunday School teacher or Youth Group leader is a big plus.
• Excellent coordination, communication skills are essential.
• E-savvy is important. Know how to text, Facebook, email, and whatever else the kids are up to these days.
• Flexibility, unflappability, good humor and spiritual depth will help make this an enjoyable, meaningful position.
• On average 10-15 hours per week depending on season, etc. Think of this as one half-day each week planning, communicating, etc. and Sunday mornings from 9:00 am til around noon or 12:30 pm. Lots of time off in late June and July, lots of time on before Christmas and Easter, and getting ready for the school year in August.
• Report to the rector, coordinate with the parish C&Y Advisory Committee.
Minimum Education Required