21 West 38th Street
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Manager to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to the implementation of assigned special events including recruitment of volunteer committees, sponsors, teams and individual participants. Responsible for achieving revenue and participant goals, adhering to a 12-month event timeline, event logistics, and expansion of fundraising events that build and strengthen connections to potential and existing volunteers and donors.
- Ensure all special events achieve/exceed revenue goal.
- Implement industry best practices for recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors and individuals to grow our constituent base.
- Execute Corporate Recruitment Breakfasts and/or Kickoff events to drive sponsor and event participation, and educate constituents about the mission of the American Lung Association.
- Recruit and cultivate participants utilizing the defined cultivation strategy to ensure successful participant fundraising and retention.
- Recruit in-kind sponsors or underwriters for the majority of event goods & services.
- Work with members of the Marketing/Communication team to solicit media partnerships for the event.
- Serve as the staff manager on event day to provide an excellent experience for all participants.
- Successful achievement of revenue goals.
- Provide all event constituents at any development activity with a legendary experience from the time they arrive to when they leave the event.
- Ensure volunteer led committees are in place for all event committees and sub-committees.
- Ensue relationship cultivation strategies are implemented for all event constituents.
- Complete special projects and serve as the local contact for third party events in the community as the opportunities become available or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of 4 years fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management and volunteer recruitment.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficient in social & digital media.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have the ability to work nights and weekends with some overnights required. Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Competitive benefits package for eligible employees
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements.
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association