4245 Fairfax Drive
A Little About Us
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org to learn more.
The Global Oceans team seeks a Finance Specialist to provide finance, accounting and operations-related services to support a geographically dispersed and dynamic team. Strong teamwork, information management and systems skills are desired, as well as an aptitude to innovate around systems and services. A proven ability to focus on details balanced with a drive to learn about the bigger picture aspects of our conservation finances are required. The preferred location for this position is at our World Office in Arlington, VA.
· Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
· Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
· Experience with high level Microsoft Excel functions.
· Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy in work products.
· Strong business acumen and analytical skills
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Strong auditing skills
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Experience applying organizational skills, including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
· Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and financial management tools
· Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
· Able to develop and/or implement and sustain regular workflows and processes across a diverse team of professionals.
· Motivated by working in a fast-paced, deadline driven, team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply to position number 46484, visit www.nature.org/careers and click on “Current Job Opportunities”. In the keywords search box, enter position number 46484. Submit resume and cover letter(required) separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 7th, 2018.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.