Details: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package including medical insurance, 401k, and paid vacation. Close proximity to Metro. Opportunities for advancement abound.
1330 Braddock Place, Suite 300
We are seeking a team player and program leader who is passionate about improving communities, enjoys engaging with thought leaders, and loves a fast-paced position where the work makes a difference.
If you are known for being detail oriented, have an acute customer-service focus, want to help professionals grow their skills and are interested in learning best practices and the latest trends in building strong communities, we want to hear from you.
This position develops and manages professional development and network engagement activities for our association members. In this role, you will convene programs/events, develop informational resources, and provide leadership to support ACCE and its partners.
Enhance network and member engagement by building relationships and managing ACCE peer networks. Connect chamber professionals around common community advancement goals, facilitate peer-to-peer learning, and expand the network of engaged chamber professionals in key areas, including education and workforce development, diversity and inclusion, community health, government relations and economic and community development.
Provide thought leadership to the chamber industry. Identify, track, and analyze issues and trends relevant to community advancement agendas. This includes policy, programs, and public awareness strategies. Identify and highlight examples of best practice across the industry. Digest a wide variety information relevant to chambers of commerce and produce concise, accurate synopses and resources.
Create and execute professional development activities, including: meetings, educational programming, and other activities. This will include project planning, curriculum development, program execution, volunteer engagement, speaker coordination, meeting facilitation and logistics.
Manage partner/funder relationships to ensure effective grant execution for funders and high quality, relevant programming for ACCE members.
Develop content and informational resources for ACCE website, Chamber Executive magazine, educational programming, webinars, toolkits and newsletters related to community advancement activities.
Cultivate relationships with ACCE members and serve as a trusted resource for information, guidance and problem solving.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Strong experience organizing and running educational programs and small-group meetings
- Proven written communication skills (writing test required)
- Exceptional verbal communication skill -- comfortable presenting before and facilitating discussions among senior-level executives, both in person and via telephone
- Curiosity about regional economies and business-civic entities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to prioritize tasks, accomplish objectives, and meet deadlines
- Can-do work ethic and problem-solving skills with a hands-on approach and team-oriented attitude
- Customer service skills and temperament; calm under pressure
- Ability to read, comprehend and synthesize written materials, especially related to public policy
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Past experience working with associations is a plus
Minimum Education Required