95 Washington Street
The Belmont After School Enrichment Collaborative (BASEC) seeks an Educator for its sites at Burbank Elementary and Chenery Middle School. BASEC is a non-profit, out-of-school time organization that offers innovative programs in a setting intentionally designed to foster young people’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
As an Educator, you will have the opportunity to inspire creativity, problem solving, collaboration and agency in students, develop curriculum that challenges and engages, make meaningful connections with stakeholders from throughout the community, and work with colleagues that share the important goal of creating engaged citizens in Belmont, Massachusetts.
We are seeking a creative candidate with a passion for working with youth to join our tenured teaching team. You will contribute to the site’s culture and play a key role in building an environment where children thrive.
As an Educator at BASEC, you will:
· Design and implement rich out-of-school time programming.
· Lead BASEC programming for students every day.
· With the Site Director and Curriculum Coordinator, serve as a contact for parents regarding students’ skill-building and developmental growth achieved through participation in BASEC learning experiences.
· Participate regularly in developmental programming to remain current on trends in the field.
· Provide important academic, executive function, and social-emotional learning support for youth.
An ideal candidate would be/have
· Strong organization skills
· A sense of humor
· An education background and/or experience in out-of-school time field
· At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree
· Computer literacy
BASEC does not discriminate against any person because of his or her race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, age, ancestry, genetic information or disability in the provision of or access to services, employment and activities. This is in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Compensation package for this position is highly competitive and is based on prior experience and qualifications.
Please send resume and CV to:
Minimum Education Required