680 South Wilton Place
KYCC is committed to meeting the needs of the multicultural Koreatown community. Our agency was founded on serving youth, and our Youth Services staff is committed to bringing out the best in them. We strive to encourage them to find their passion by patiently supporting them, and to unlock their potential by cultivating their strengths. We believe that quality youth programs can make a powerful difference in the life of a child, and we're looking for a driven and committed individual to join our team. We have been serving our diverse community for almost 40 years, and if you're passionate about creating change within our community, one family at a time, we'd like to meet you. KYCC currently has one opening for an Academic Instructor.
Under the direction of the Elementary Program Lead and the Senior Manager, the Academic Instructor is a position responsible for the supervision, facilitation, coordination and implementation of academic support services and enrichment activities for K-5 grade students in our afterschool program. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a part-time position, scheduled to work on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:30pm-6:00 pm and Tuesdays from 12:15pm-6:00 pm.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- A high school diploma or equivalent AND one year of experience working with elementary-age youth in a classroom setting.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with youth and families from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process.
- Bilingual capacity (English/Spanish).
- Possess flexibility, initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills with colleagues, clients and representatives from other community organizations.
- Ability to supervise/teach instructional lessons in operation of daily youth programs.
- Ability to organize and prepare documentation in a timely manner.
- Strong commitment to working with a multi-cultural community.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual English/Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the position title when applying
To apply, mail, FAX or e-mail COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Koreatown Youth & Community Center Attn: Personnel 3727 W. 6th St., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90020 FAX: (213) 927-0017 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or visits, please.
<KYCC is an EOE and E-Verify employer.>
Do not repost this position without prior written authorization from the KYCC Personnel Office. Any resumes received from unauthorized sites will be considered unsolicited.