The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust is seeking an organized, reliable, and friendly Membership Coordinator to assist with the individual donors in the Museum’s membership program. The Membership Coordinator will work with the Associate Director of Membership Initiatives in implementing direct mail and email campaigns, including acquisitions, renewals, and appeals and will assist with member communications and programs to strengthen involvement and support for the Museum.
- Respond to the needs of the member portfolio of individual donors (under $1,000).
- Assist the Associate Director of Membership Initiatives in working towards annual goals, objectives and budgets.
- Liaise and coordinate with direct mail vendor on membership campaigns.
- Help with direct mail efforts including fulfillment, acquisition, appeal, and renewal efforts.
- Assist the Associate Director of Membership Initiatives in identifying and implementing integrated strategies for members acquisition, cultivation, and retention.
- Help create, plan, and implement member events, programs, and benefits, including Members Learn, Member Hours, Member Day, Member Talks, travel programming, and others to ensure a highly positive membership experience.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for members and provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain a direct line to Visitor Services, including working the front desk, to ensure an integrated onsite membership presence and to encourage new and upgraded memberships.
- Help coordinate all correspondence on behalf of the Museum to Members, including the email marketing program.
- Work within the Museum’s database to maintain accurate records, help track campaign results, and help prepare materials for analysis and Board updates.
- Perform any other duties reasonably related to the functions describe above.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least one year of experience in customer service, museums, or a non-profit
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Familiarity or proficiency with a customer database (Raiser’s Edge or Altru experience preferred)
- Positive and energetic, meticulous attention to detail, and interest in the mission of the Museum.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary;
- If hired, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is needed as determined on a case by case basis.
Position reports to: Associate Director of Membership Initiatives
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.