43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, social service organization in Western Queens is seeking an Education Director to join their Youth and Family Services department.
Sunnyside Community Service’s offers family centered programming to community members throughout Queens. Our youth development continuum spans Pre-K to College, and services are offered to over 2,500 young people across seven campuses.
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Director of Youth and Family Services, The Director of Education is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating academic and enrichment activities for our youth programs. He/She will coordinate professional development for youth staff and provide support with identifying curricula for our Elementary to High School youth afterschool programming with in the areas of STEM, Literacy, Art, Health and Physical Education, and Leadership. The Education Director will also oversee program evaluation to ensure program quality and identify gaps towards meeting program outcomes.
- Assess curriculum needs and align with education standards for our youth programs.
- Work with Educational Specialists and Program Directors in ensuring that all structured activities have clearly defined goals and measurable outcomes.
- Conduct professional development and skills building sessions for Educational Specialist and Instructors.
- Design, develop, and implement evaluation procedures to assess program quality and measure outcomes.
- Develop observation tools that that provide feedback to program staff on the quality of instructional delivery and the learning, social, and emotional experience of participants.
- Lead initiative within department to educate staff on developing skills to measure and use outcomes for program planning and management.
- Support data collection and evaluation efforts, ensuring programs submit data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Organize professional development opportunities for staff including coordinating seasonal staff development days.
- Review and update program and staff policy handbooks to ensure alignment with department goals and procedures.
- Research and develop partnerships with vendors, subcontractors and other resources that will provide academic and enrichment support to our programs.
- Manage budgets and spending for overall education-related expense.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with lesson planning, curriculum development, and implementation of structured programming for students in elementary through high school programs.
- Professional experience developing and implementing workshops, trainings and other academic supports both directly to youth and staff.
- Experience developing and implementing evaluation tools to monitor program quality and measure outcomes.
- Knowledge of NYC public school systems preferred
- Experience with data management systems, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Capable of optimizing time and ability to work independently efficiently.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to SSukhraj@scsny.org, Attn: Sheena Sukhraj or mail to 43-31 36th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Education Director”” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer