420 5th Avenue
The Activities Manager works as an integral member of the Membership and Customer Platforms Team, supporting an enterprise event registration solution utilized by 112 independent business units with more than 2 million end users. This role will play a critical role in the development and deployment of a new platform deploying in April 2019, delivering rich functionality to Girl Scout councils and our members. The result will be a well-designed technology platform that supports a consistent, best-in-class operating model and customer experience for events and day or resident camp registration for girls, parents and volunteers.
Taking an enterprise view of this product development and business strategy, this position will serve to communicate with key stakeholders and councils to drive customer satisfaction in the activities registration process. Representing the interests of our customers (girl, parent, volunteer), this role partners with Girl Scout Council thought partners, GSUSA IT and the Product Owner to build effective approaches and processes to the comprehensive online registration system. This position will support 3 primary bodies of work.
- Support Activities strategy to drive membership.
- Play an important role having direct communication with council staff, using data-driven, best practices to align council business processes and strategy to the national platform.
- Support product owners and other Subject Matter Experts throughout GSUSA in executing activities registration strategies, ensuring smooth end-to-end processes as new tactics are deployed to councils.
- Communicate with councils in order to drive national alignment around a common strategy in order to deliver the best customer experience.
- Develop and execute strategies to utilize event experiences as entry paths or retention tactics that support membership growth.
- Ensure thorough documentation of business processes, use cases, promising practices that are essential to movement-wide success.
- Be responsible for completing regular ‘maintenance’ checks on current system functionality, training and knowledge resources, and release notes.
- Provide effective communication in one-to-many settings and one-on-one settings.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role, preferably experience in a membership, youth serving, or national organization with local affiliates.
- Proven leadership and strategy experience on digital projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of a Customer Relationship Management tool (i.e. Salesforce).
- Ability to work under limited supervision, owning tasks and driving these to completion.
- Strong organization, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving technology or digital platform implementations from a business perspective and then analyzing data to measure results
- Demonstrated project management skills to develop strategic plans and drive them to execution
- Proven relationship builder based upon trust, respect, effective communication, and achievement of common goals; experience in identifying potential needs and opportunities and in fostering collaboration and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Minimum Education Required