Details: Salary can vary due to expense of benefits package
650 Pennsylvania Drive
Summary: The Chester County Food Bank is seeking to hire for the position of Produce Manager. The qualified candidate will add their talents to a dedicated Team. This full-time salaried position will be responsible for managing the receiving, storage, staging, production processing and distribution of all fresh produce. The qualified candidate will ensure compliance with USDA, PDA and Chester County Health Department regulations for all fresh produce. This position will be responsible for inventory management of fresh produce and partnering with the Warehouse and Logistics Manager for the distribution of all fresh food to CCFB programs and partnering agencies. The Produce Manager will partner with the Procurement department to identify and develop new sources of produce from local and regional sources, and will occasionally work with the Food Bank’s Agriculture program to aid in primary washing and packing of produce at farm sites. In the off season the Produce Manager will work with other Food Bank staff to evaluate supply and demand throughout the season and plan for the upcoming growing season.
- Work with Warehouse and Logistics department to oversee the accurate and timely receiving of all fresh produce.
- Supervise the organization of storage areas to maximize capacity, minimize product handling, and ensure product temperature requirements are met.
- Maintain procedures and processes that ensure 100% product rotation according to date and quality driven parameters.
- Monitor the order selection process for all fresh produce and ensure orders are picked on time, accurately and with quality product.
- Partner with the Warehouse and Logistics department to develop and maintain schedule for staging and delivering orders.
- Provide training and information to train CCFB staff on perishable product procedures (including quality checks, products extensions, etc.)
- Work to reduce food waste due to spoilage and unmet quality standards.
- Work with Ag. Director on forecasting field production and evaluating agency level produce usage.
- Work with Kitchen Manager in forecasting produce needs for commercial kitchen.
- Maintain accurate physical inventory counts on all fresh produce.
- Manages full-cycle inventory management of produce (receiving, product storage, order selection, and staging, and distribution).
- Responsible for daily inventory tracking, reviewing outgoing orders and invoices for partner agencies, and submitting verified order for billing.
- Partners with Procurement, Logistics, Agency Relations, Food Security Initiatives and Ag. Departments to review inventory counts and picking schedule to accurately forecast produce needs.
- Collaborates with CCFB programs to ensure successful distribution of fresh produce.
- Oversee the daily processing of fresh produce in CCFB’s Commercial Kitchen.
- Evaluate and enhance standard operating procedures for fresh produce processing, including equipment needs.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Manager to assess and coordinate volunteers for kitchen production.
- All other duties as assigned
Warehouse and office environments. Safety sensitive position due to regular interaction with heavy machinery such as forklifts and other pallet moving equipment. Must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical labor (30 lbs. frequently and 40 lbs. occasionally). Daily walking, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling. Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and reaching. Must work in refrigerated area when necessary.
Education and Certifications:
Four year degree in related field strongly preferred or equivalent and relevant experience required. Food Safety Certification (provided by Food Bank)
Experience in multi-temperature distribution environment and managing perishable food inventories. Customer service experience strongly preferred. Previous supervisory experience required. Understanding of inventory principles; ability to work effectively with designated computer software; ability to adapt to varied work requirements and be flexible; ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team environment.
ADA : The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
medical, dental, 401k
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please send resume, cover letter, and three references