287 Columbus Avenue
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing, directing and overseeing the operational functions and activities of the Accounts Payable areas; ensuring that workflow requirements are performed in a timely and accurate manner; maintaining cost effective and efficient processes; and delivering superior customer service in support of organizational goals.
The Accounts Payable function provides accounting support to all levels of management and staff within the organization and provides problem resolution for internal and external customers. Ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and employee expenses, maintain accurate records and control reports, ensure accurate and prompt month-end closings of the accounts payable function.
- Oversee all areas of the AP day-to-day process, including a staff of two
- Monitor and manage AP workflow to ensure invoices are processed, accurately, in accordance with company policy and payments are completed timely
- Process/Approve new vendor documentation, ensuring the company has a valid Form W-9 for all active vendors where necessary; manage 1099 tax reporting processes
- Manages monthly closing of invoices and posting of month end information
- Interact professionally and collaboratively with management and site staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs
- Analyze current processes and procedures to ensure best practices are implemented
- Participates in making policy and procedural changes as pertains to the Accounts Payable function
- Ability to mentor, guide and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.