Details: Salary commensurate with experience. ($17.50/hour paid in monthly installments by your choice of check or direct deposit.
1100 Devereaux Avenue
Carnell Family Resource Center, Room B-2
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Job Description: 21st CCLC Out of School Time Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Group Leaders, instructors, and volunteers in out of school time programs
SUMMARY: The 21st CCLC Out of School Time Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing the activities of the Out of School Program (School year - Mondays – Fridays from 3:00-6:00pm and Summer – Mondays – Thursdays 9:00-3:00pm for six weeks). Salary commensurate with experience. ($17.50/hour paid in monthly installments by your choice of check or direct deposit. Benefits include ($250/month, sick leave, annual vacation starting at 2 weeks and 3 personal days.)
TIME COMMITMENT: 35 hours per week
- A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field (or equivalent) and five (5) year experience working with children and youth. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability in achieving academic outcomes in low-income communities
- Demonstrated ability working in pursuing change and reform with intent in achieving results
- Critical thinking skills, collaborative and listening skills
- Demonstrated supervision skills preferably managing at least staff of 3 and volunteers
- Knowledge and experience working with community youth.
- Experience reporting as needed to funders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse population of youth, parents, and community partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Computer skills and proficiency with word processing and database software programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement daily out of school program activities (55%)
- Supervise staff/volunteers assisting with daily activities (10%)
- Develop relationships and partnerships with the participants' parents and schools (5%)
- Work with staff to develop yearly service plan for youth enrolled in out of school program (5%)
- Develop (and/or review) curriculum for designated instruction sessions (5%)
- Ensure that accurate and current documentation is maintained as needed for OCCCDA evaluation and funders (10%)
- Work with Out of School Time program partners and ensure that services are provided as outlined in MOU (5%)
- Work with other staff to develop a network of social service and support agencies which provide services to community families (5%)
*Note: This is a broad description incorporating the types of duties and responsibilities performed. It is recognized that more specific tasks and duties not mentioned will also be performed.
Benefits include ($250/month, sick leave, annual vacation starting at 2 weeks and 3 personal days.)
Level of Language Proficiency
- fluent in English
- familiarity with Haitian Creole, Spanish, Arabic, or French is a plus
Minimum Education Required