Launching in September 2020, the aim of the Center for Computational Neuroscience (CCN) is to become a leading international center for the study of neuroscience.
Over time, the center is expected to grow to about 55 members. Besides the new center, the Flatiron Institute hosts the already-established Center for Computational Astrophysics and Center for Computational Biology, Center for Computational Quantum Physics, Center for Computational Mathematics and a common scientific computing core.
Reporting to the Center Director, the Manager for Center Administration is responsible for planning and organizing the center's financial affairs, building out and implementing the administrative processes for its research and educational programs, and coordinating the center's activities.
In conjunction with the center's director and administrative director of the Flatiron Institute, the Manager for Center Administration sets the center's goals and objectives and manages the department's relationship with the rest of the Flatiron Institute and with the corporate offices of the Simons Foundation. The Manager for Center Administration will also direct the department's financial planning and monitor departmental expenditures; oversee compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations of the Simons Foundation and external agencies; and assure an efficient, high-functioning infrastructure to support the center's mission.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial responsibilities include developing, monitoring and forecasting the center's budget and explaining budget variances on a consistent basis to the center director.
Operational responsibilities will include managing the daily operations of the center, supervising administrative support staff, allocating work spaces and overseeing human resources functions such as hiring, training, supervising, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions and working closely with Simons Foundation HR to appropriately do so.
The Manager for Center Administration will collaboratively work with central shared services staff to complete all responsibilities as required and other related duties as needed. He or she will also function as the center resource for any grant-making and will be the key liaison with the foundation's Grants Office.
In consultation with the center director, the Manager for Center Administration will manage facilities and space for the center, collaborating with Simons Foundation operations staff, and will perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation:
- Master's degree in business administration or similar degree preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Minimum of seven years of progressive responsibility at a managerial level, preferably in an academic center
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Effective leadership and organizational skills, proven ability to manage and lead staff in a changing environment
- Knowledge and experience with complex information and computer systems
- Understanding of the evolving academic science marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of staff and students
- Ability to provide initiative, judgment and creativity in the resolution of complex problems
- Effective communication/presentation skills and a proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships with scientific and administrative leaders
- Ability to establish realistic and achievable priorities, and the ability to lead staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/PdmnZRCNrkqbs8bZuGO1e" />