207 Dudley Street
Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high income areas. At OneGoal, we believe that all students – not just those with the best grades or the most resources – have the ability and deserve the opportunity to earn a college degree. What’s more, we have developed a solution that works, and we believe this problem is solvable within our lifetime.
We are looking for individuals who will join OneGoal during this unique window in time:
- In just 10 years, OneGoal has grown from 32 students in one city to some 12,000 students in six regions.
- OneGoal’s teacher-led, in-school, three-year college access and success model is game-changing. While nationwide, only 22% of kids in low-income communities graduate from college, 82% of OneGoal Fellows (students) enroll in college and 78% are persisting or have graduated from college.
- Over the next five years we have set our sights on unprecedented goals: first to attain a 60% postsecondary graduation rate among Fellows; second, to grow to support more than 25,000 students directly; and third, to develop new delivery models to dramatically grow our reach.
- To learn more about our work within the Massachusetts region in particular, please visit our Massachusetts page HERE.
The Manager of Development + Institutional Giving (MDIG) will serve as a critical member of a two-person regional fundraising team. First, the MDIG will be responsible for maintaining and elevating the systems and operations necessary to maximize the full team’s impact and ability to strengthen our donor base while we broaden it. Second, the MDIG will implement and assess the effectiveness of protocols and operations related to OneGoal finance systems, gift processing, donor research, engagement strategies, and database management. Third, he/she/they will play a key role in supporting our Director of Development to cultivate and steward our Foundation partners, including maintaining an accurate calendar of upcoming letters of inquiry, proposals and reports and developing select pieces for submission. Finally, the MDIG will play a role in planning for and executing the logistics associated with hosting small donor events and site visits. You will do this by:
- Supporting efforts towards the development team’s FY18 fundraising goal of $1.7M
- Achieving an institutional funder renewal rate of 75% or higher through thoughtful stewardship management
- Identifying and providing support to secure approximately $190,000 from new institutional funders
Though the Manager of Development + Institutional Giving is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You are exceptional at organizing multiple and complex projects and executing on key activities.
- Though personal relationships are definitely what drives you, you also understand that organization is important when helping other achieve success.
- You have “systems” to track multiple data (quantitative and qualitative) and do not let things fall through the cracks.
- You understand how to prioritize your work.
- Your stellar organization skills allow you to be highly efficient.
You are committed to the donor experience.
- You’re passionate about what motivates people to support an organization and are dedicated to tailoring outreach to meet those needs. You know every touch point with a donor should be intentional and should further their commitment to OneGoal and our Fellows.
- You get energy from ensuring that people have a positive experience and treat relationship management and stewardship as a key priority.
- Contingency planning and problem solving excite you, and working to streamline and improve systems give you energy.
You believe in our mission and want even more people to as well.
- You like to explore and build innovative approaches and have designed new ways of doing things to harness people’s support. You make connections and build plans that are responsive to interlocking and evolving challenges and opportunities.
- You enjoy researching people and identifying opportunities to connect them to the work.
You care about the details.
- You know that thoughtful, well-crafted external materials are considered a reflection of our organization’s health and management, and ensure that everything we share externally is accurate and without errors.
- You get energy from planning and from moving a project from start to finish and you are constantly thinking about the potential for impact with each action you take.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- 1-3 years of development experience (Highly Preferred)
- Strong organization skills and a keen attention and orientation to the details
- Ability to embody OneGoal core values and operate with strong customer service
- Familiarity with the Boston philanthropic landscape
- College access and/or success program experience (A Plus)
- Proven track record of achieving ambitious goals and creating effective systems (A Plus)
Guided by a clear set of CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS, you will join an impressive group of more than 130 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
You Believe in People and are Committed to Equity and Inclusion.
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, 10 holidays and 6 sick days.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
THROW YOUR HAT IN THE RING
Apply by following the link below to submit an online application, which includes attaching an updated resume and cover letter explaining your passion and alignment to this position.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.