The Policy & Legal (P&L) Engagement Manager’s role is to facilitate engagement of the Cancer Free Economy (CFE) Network’s unique constituencies to enact policies and pursue legal strategies (e.g. rule-making processes, submission of amicus briefs, petitions for rule-making, and/or other mechanisms) in a timely and effective way to advance CFE goals.
- Developing systems for disseminating information & creating opportunities
- Develop mechanisms/standards for screening and prioritizing policy/legal opportunities.
- Compile updates on relevant bills/legislation and other policy happenings for monthly CFE Network Update.
- Evaluate individual policy/legal opportunities against CFEN’s policy platform & equity principles.
- Provide summary of policy/legal opportunities for CFEN-wide membership engagement.
- Conduct outreach to individual organizational CFEN members to encourage participation in efforts to advance key policy/legal issues.
- Maintain documents and Google Drive folders.
- Monitor and maintain relevant communications on the CFE secure intranet/site.
- CFEN-level functions
- Maintain communication across CFEN regarding opportunities to provide policy/legal support to meet CFEN goals.
- Compile summary of opportunities for engagement for regular shareable ‘digest’ on CFEN intranet.
- Attend regular calls and meetings as needed to share updates, align work and assess progress on key Policy & Legal Hub projects.
- Provide support for relevant fundraising activities.
- Experience working on legal/policy issues related to toxics.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies and across diverse sectors.
- Experience organizing (community or coalition / efforts / campaigns / clearinghouses
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Competent with Google Suite, polling and web conference tools to be able to assist members in utilizing them.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent workflows and timelines.
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Able to synthesize complex and technical information to provide useful and accessible (or
- understandable) updates to network.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Spanish language a plus.
- Travel required to in-person meetings approximately four times/year.
- This position is primarily remote. Living near one of the Policy & Legal Hub’s current co-leads
- (California, New York, Connecticut, or Vermont) is a plus, as it would make it easier to meet in person when/if necessary, but not a requirement.
Compensation, Workload, Reporting:
- Position is filled and supervised by Policy & Legal Hub co-leads and works closely with Policy & Legal Hub coordinator.
- One-year position, with possibility of renewal subject to budget and successful fundraising.
- Annual compensation estimated $40,000-$45,000 (with no benefits).
- Half-time (20 hours/week) workload.
As a Network committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, CFEN seeks applicants from all races, gender, gender identity or expression, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, age, ability, personal appearance, family responsibilities or national origin.