TSNE (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
ResponsibilitiesThe Junior Consultant works in partnership with TSNE's Programs Team to support consulting services. In this role, the Junior Consultant works primarily with the Human Resources Consulting Team members, but supports other TSNE consultants in the program team as well to provide high quality services to clients, including but not limited to developing HR systems and practices that are aligned with our organizational values, conducting compensation studies, and facilitating organizational assessments. This position facilitates focus groups and other meetings, takes meeting notes, conducts client interviews, analyzes related data, drafts reports and presentations, conducts related research and performs administrative duties as needed. In addition, the Junior consultant will conduct client intake and scoping calls, develop scopes of work for clients, and serve as a co-consultant on various consulting engagements.
Direct Client Service
- Conduct client intake and scoping calls;
- Develop scopes of work proposals for consulting clients;
- Provide consulting services with other HR consultants;
- Facilitate focus groups and conduct client interviews;
- Draft client memos, reports and presentations as requested;
- Serve as a thought partner to TSNE consultants around client engagements, meeting and retreat design and other aspects of the consulting and training team work;
- As requested, serve as the point person for aspects or pieces of client engagements.
- Support the development and facilitation of HR trainings
- Design and administer client surveys;
- Provide research and data analysis for compensation studies and other consulting engagements as needed
- Prepare and/or support the preparation of reports;
- Prepare complex spreadsheets and provide other technical support to Human Resources Consulting;
- Provide technical support for virtual HR trainings and other consulting trainings as needed;
- Provide administrative, scheduling and other support to meet consultant and client needs;
Research and Writing
- Research and data analysis on a variety of topics for assigned projects (e.g. TSNE's periodic Valuing Our Nonprofit Workforce compensation and benefits study);
- Write blogs and other informational or marketing material as time allows.
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.Qualifications
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- At least three years of human resources experience;
- Some experience with compensation research and analysis;
- Experience working with nonprofits is a plus;
- Experience facilitating meetings, retreats, focus groups and in conducting interviews;
- Knowledge of organizational development, assessment and community or movement building theory and practice is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Proven technical skills including but not limited to PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to play close and accurate attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities and to meet deadlines;
- Experience working in the social justice, racial and economic equity or related field is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will primarily be performed between our main office (89 South St. Boston, MA 02111) and from home.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $60,000.00 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim;
- Low-cost Guardian Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- ...and more!
TSNE envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/4eAD6JUj4e5xUL1nIWdLP" />