136 Irving Street
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences, one of the nation’s most prominent learned societies and independent policy research centers, seeks a Manager of Financial Analysis to manage the reporting and analysis of the Academy’s departmental budgets, program budgets, and restricted funds. The Academy is headquartered in Cambridge, MA.
· Prepare the monthly closing package for review by the Director of Finance.
· Oversee a system that ensures accurate reporting of departmental and project spending.
· Oversee a process to report grant activity as part of a regular monthly closing package. Determine appropriate overhead rate allocations for each grant and apply accordingly.
· Assist the Director of Finance in analyzing program grant activity and assure proper reporting for management and grantors.
· Prepare monthly departmental summary and detailed budget reports for department directors and managers.
· Conduct quarterly budget reviews with department managers.
· Other duties as determined by the Director of Finance.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 5 years’ experience in financial administration, ideally with non-profit organizations or academic institutions.
· Experience in grant based accounting processes and procedure improvements.
· Proficiency and demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office suite; familiarity with Sage Intacct accounting system a plus.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately and proactively with little supervision.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided for the outstanding candidate.
Minimum Education Required