Details: $16-18 per hour. This is full-time, hourly position.
12 Dade Street
Role: Supervise the day-to-day operations that allow our bakery café, catering, wholesale, events and programming ventures to thrive. Promote the café and catering through networking and marketing. Provide excellent customer service by exceeding customer expectations for timeliness and quality. Help to build a strong staff that can meet the challenges of our social enterprise. Demonstrate dedication to our mission as well as our partnerships with the community.
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Supervise café staff through training, leadership, and consistent work direction
- Ensure operating policies and procedures and personnel guidelines are being followed
- Enforce ServSafe, food safety and proper sanitation practices
- Troubleshoot any problems that may occur including customer complaints, staff issues, equipment failure etc.
- Manage café events by promoting use of space, coordinating calendar, and executing events
- Perform ordering and inventory for ingredients and supplies
- Responsible for opening and/or closing of café, printing of daily sales reports and securing of facility
- Interface with city employees regarding building and health inspections
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Restaurant management experience a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; flexibility a must
- Experience at a nonprofit that addresses issues related to homelessness, housing, job training, social justice and/or urban agriculture preferred
- Commitment to helping the most vulnerable in our society and to the mission of Haley House
About Haley House: Haley House uses food and the power of community to break down barriers between people, empower individuals, and strengthen neighborhoods (South End and Roxbury). Founded in 1966, Haley House has grown into a multifaceted organization that includes direct services (soup kitchen, meals for elders, food pantry), permanent affordable housing, urban farming, culinary education and training, and a social enterprise restaurant (Haley House Bakery Café). Our direct services and housing are located in the South End, and our social enterprise is located in Roxbury; our urban agriculture is in both neighborhoods.
Minimum Education Required