87 Lafayette Street
The Finance Director (FD) oversees all of DCTV's financial activities. The FD reports to and works with the Managing Director on the senior leadership team. The FD ensures that the Managing Director, President, and Board of Directors have access to timely and accurate financial data and analysis. This individual should have a commitment to DCTV's mission and an appreciation for how documentary filmmaking can improve lives and communities.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all financial activity, including accounts payable/receivable and cash management.
- Manage DCTV's annual audit.
- Ensure that all tax documents are filed on time.
- Ensure accounts receivable schedule is analyzed and outstanding balances are collected.
- Review and approve monthly bank reconciliations.
- Generate and distribute accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Provide support for fundraising activities.
- Oversee budgetary planning and cash flow management to support DCTV's strategic priorities.
- Ensure the budget is accurately incorporated into accounting software.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding discussions and decisions.
- Minimum of a BA, a CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, ideally a minimum of 2 years as a financial officer in a non-profit entity with a budget greater than $5 million.
- Experience directing and implementing new systems, processes, and technology to enhance internal operations and organizational effectiveness.
- Experience with government contracts and agencies.
- A successful record of supervising payroll, accounts payable, and cash management.
- Ability to produce financial reports that enhance the decision-making capacity of management.
Housed in a landmarked firehouse in lower Manhattan, DCTV has been NYC’s preeminent community of and for documentary storytellers since 1972. Our mission is to strengthen democracy and enhance civil society by empowering citizens with the necessary resources to develop and share their stories. DCTV offers professional media training, tools, and resources to youth and aspiring, emerging, and established filmmakers. In 2019, DCTV will open a cinema devoted to the documentary art form.
DCTV has earned national recognition with 16 Emmy Awards and two Oscar nominations. Millions of viewers see our productions on HBO, Netflix, PBS, and NHK.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, and references to: