Senior Audit Management Officer
1368 Fulton Street
The Senior Audit Management Officer has broad responsibility and accountability for outcomes in all aspects of fiscal audit management functions for Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation ("BSRC") and it's subsidiaries,and is able to competently carry out the financial operations functions of the organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviews, reconciles and maintains General Ledgers, Trail Balances, and subsidiary ledgers to include bank reconciliations, reconciling entries, general ledger accounts, and journal entries; and investigates and corrects questioned items; clears open items; make accounting code corrections; investigates and identifies reasons for imbalance and makes corrections.
- Coordinates and manages reconciliations , year-end closings, and audits preparation processes; coordinates and manages the field audit; provides requested information to the auditors; coordinates and manages the annual audit process, financial report preparation, as well as the tax and CHAR500 report preparation.
- Coordinates with budget management, grants/contracts accounting /and audit management; participates in the management of internal controls and compliance processes.
- Prepares Financial Reports including, monthly financial statements, interim and unaudited Financial Statements, audited Financial Statements, and notes to the Financial Statements; reviews and analyzes Financial Statements; prepares Single Audit information and reports including Federal Awards Schedule.
- Supervises staff, as assigned; assist in the management of Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursement, Payroll, Cash Receipts and Grants accounting, as assigned;
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5-7 years progressive senior level experience in auditing, non-profit accounting, general ledger management and contract/grants accounting.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting required. CPA or CA a plus.
- Experience with auditing and accounting of government programs including DHCR-Weatherization Assistance Program, DYCD, and SBS required.
- Experience in preparing Federal Awards schedules and supporting documentation for Single Audits required.
- Extensive experience with computerized accounting software, and MS Office, particularly Excel Spreadsheets.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Accrued time includes Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
403(b) Plan offerings
Minimum Education Required