Details: $90000 - $110000 per year
<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Director of Marketing, Operations (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Year Up is seeking a mission-driven, results-oriented Director of Marketing, Operations (Boston, MA) ready to apply their expertise in service of connecting low-income young adults to life-changing career opportunities.
Reporting to Year Up's Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), you'll serve as a leader and thought partner in driving National Marketing strategy and innovation as we grow our program 20%+ annually and look to maximize our impact for young adults beyond currently offered services.
As Director of Marketing, Operations (Boston, MA), you'll lead a small team that drives quality customer experience at scale by building the knowledge and systems that make it possible. You'll oversee CX reporting, ensuring continual learning about target audiences and the quality of their experience engaging with Year Up through audience research, journey mapping, and recommendations for improvement. You'll also oversee marketing systems and technology, ensuring the setup and maintenance of our website, Marketo, and other systems that enable quality reporting and content delivery. This includes overseeing strategic development projects necessary for scale.
To be successful in this role, you'll bring strong experience leading teams and collaborating cross-functionally to drive quality delivery of projects and services. Developing strategies for marketing technology and insights to support growth will be what gets you up in the morning. You'll be comfortable navigating the ambiguity that comes with rapid growth and supporting others in navigating ambiguity as well. You'll actively build a positive, mission-driven culture that empowers all team members to do their best work.
You'll also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Marketing Team Leadership
- Partner with CMO and leadership team to define overall National Marketing strategy
- Translate strategy into clear goals, deliverables, and timelines for Marketing Operations team
- Ensure alignment of Marketing Operations team priorities with partner departments, specifically: IT, Program, Corporate Engagement, and Development
- Support and develop Marketing Operations team members
- Actively build a positive, mission-driven culture on the marketing team that allows all team members to do their best work
Marketing Systems and Technology Oversight
- Ensure that marketing technology supports reporting and content delivery needs, including consistent delivery of current capabilities and development of future capabilities needed for scale in line with CX insights
- Ensure strong development and maintenance of technology stack, currently including website (Drupal), marketing automation (Marketo), and other systems
- Support and develop Marketing Operations and Special Projects Managers in planning and implementing strategic marketing technology initiatives
- Ensure strong alignment of marketing systems and technology with IT roadmaps, opportunities, and constraints
Customer Experience Oversight
- Support and develop CX Manager in setting and implementing strategy for CX reporting
- Ensure strong understanding across the Marketing team of target audiences, audience segments, experiences engaging Year Up, opportunities for improvement through CX research, journey mapping, and internal communications and consulting
- Ensure accessibility of CX data and insights through ongoing development and maintenance of CX resource bank
- Ensure regular delivery of relevant reporting and insights to a variety of internal stakeholders, notably Marketing, Program, Corporate Engagement, and Development teams
National Team Member
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for a small number of current students, availability permitting
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 6-10 years' Marketing experience, preferably with a focus in systems, reporting, and/or innovation
- 2-3 years' experience managing people and teams
- Strong expertise in marketing technology, including website management, marketing automation systems, and CRM systems
- Strong expertise in CX and customer-centric thinking, including research and journey mapping
- Ability to translate business needs into reporting and technology deliverables, and to clearly articulate the value of CX and technology offerings to a wide range of non-Marketing partners
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of brand consistency across a variety of media
- Aptitude for and interest in collaborating with team to develop new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization with a mission to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies. Its holistic approach focuses on students' professional and personal development to place talented and motivated young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency.
Year Up has served more than 19,500 young adults since its founding in 2000, and will serve more than 4,000 young adults in 2018 nationwide. Year Up currently serves 21 U.S. cities across 16 markets, including Arizona, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times for eight consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required