Details: Based upon experience
PO Box 5000
The Bard Prison Initiative (BPI) is nationally recognized for its innovative model of academic inclusion, offering access to top higher education and professional development through its renowned college-in-prison and reentry programs. This is an opportunity to join the development team as BPI enters a new phase of expansion and prepares for an endowment campaign.
Position location: Bard College campus in Annandale-on-Hudson and New York City, NY.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help develop annual fundraising strategies and campaign plan
- Assist with donor communications, including e-blasts, acknowledgement letters, and other correspondence
- Project manage grant reporting and proposals
- Assist with event planning
- Oversee database management
- Assist with social media and website
- Assist with development of marketing materials
- Support Directors of College Operations, Reentry, and Policy and Academics, when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- At least five years of development experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; experience with grant writing preferred.
- Campaign experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect and Mail Chimp a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with social media & web programming a plus, but not required.
- No prior experience with criminal justice or education initiatives required.
- Must feel comfortable working independently and in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple tasks.
Minimum Education Required