Founded in 1950, St. Anthony’s provides food, clothing, shelter, medical care, technology access, addiction recovery services, job training, and other critical resources to people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty. Every day, with dignity and respect, we support and are supported by thousands of San Franciscans. Join us in creating a future where all people flourish.
This position supports multiple development volunteer data functions in support of volunteer data health and integrity, income generation and volunteer stewardship including but not limited to user support (for both staff and volunteers), database maintenance and reporting using Salesforce. This position will provide general and data/reporting support to the entire development team relating to our volunteer database needs.
This position requires multiple skills and experience managing varied tasks, excellent teamwork skills and the commitment to follow-through. The ideal candidate will be flexible, well-organized and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Some evening or weekend work may be required.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on all aspects of the volunteer database, including dashboards.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an internal “customer service-oriented” team to collect, enter, store and provide access to volunteer data as requested by various development staff members.
- Must protect and ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of data, and works to continuously cultivate a culture of data health of all volunteer data; familiarity with Data Loader.
- On-demand creation of standard and customized reports that include volunteer information, including but not limited to volunteer segmentation, email/mailing lists, monthly reporting, weekly and monthly maintenance, demographic data, volunteer data and prospect data for a wide variety of marketing, communication, and donation solicitation programs.
- Establish new and maintain existing workflows, process builders, and flows.
- Ensure accurate entry of volunteer, donor (through donor database) and prospect-related data and for conducting regular analysis and reporting of needs to request permission for data clean up.
- Responsible for supporting and trouble-shooting third party/app exchange applications for Salesforce.
- Ensure the timely entry, maintenance and cleanup of all volunteer and volunteer- related data into the volunteer database, and work with the Donor Database Administrator to support the integration between the volunteer and donor databases.
- Schedule, design and conduct mandatory, ongoing training of development staff (including new employee onboarding) in the basics of interacting with the volunteer database specifically for their role. Responsible for bringing in outside training resources in addition to providing in-house training.
- Attend training opportunities for continuing education that will ensure that St. Anthony Foundation (SAF) is at the leading edge of, and implementing best practices for volunteer data record management and that SAF is positioned properly to leverage its volunteer data in order to maximize the outcome of solicitation requests for financial support and volunteer engagement.
- Act as a backup for the Donor Database Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- 3+ years’ in volunteer record management desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ Salesforce certification desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and volunteer management software (Salesforce) desired.
- Successful track record in managing large (10,000+ Volunteer records) Volunteer databases using Salesforce volunteer management software.
- Excellent internal communication skills and a commitment to proactive communication are required to be successful in this key position.
- Performance-driven approach to tasks, with high standards and a proven ability to achieve established goals and milestones.
- Self-starter with positive energy, emotional resilience and commitment to excellence in data quality.
- Detail/deadline oriented with a commitment to data integrity and quality of work.
- Can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves positive and open-minded approach to managing volunteer data, and transferring knowledge via training and providing ongoing support to “customers” throughout the development function at SAF.
- Proven ability to create a collaborative and supportive “customer-service” oriented environment in order to meet the demands of a fast-paced development environment with many internal customers.
- Able to take initiative, work independently and also perform as a team player.
- Flexible-open to new ideas, data strategies and management guidance.
- Proactively analyzes data management processes, suggesting improvements as needed.
- Commitment to issues of social justice and to St. Anthony Foundation’s Statement of Values.