Details: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
1038 Post Street
Community Youth Center of San Francisco (CYC) provides education, leadership development, behavioral health, intervention, street outreach, and workforce development services to youth and their families in the community of San Francisco. CYC envisions empowering young people to reach their highest potential as individuals and to develop a positive self/cultural identity. Our mission is to empower and strengthen high-need Asian youth and their families by providing comprehensive youth development through education, employment training, advocacy, and other support service.
Position: Program Leader
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour, DOE
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Status: Part Time Hourly (20-22.5 hours/week); Non-Exempt
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader will work as a team to build a positive and supportive environment for elementary school aged children. The Program Leader will provide support to the After School Program/Summer Program at one of our elementary school sites. Our focus is on supporting youth in their academic, social and emotional development. We will also seek leaders who will be able to guide elementary school aged children in literacy and age appropriate recreation and enrichment activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise and manage approximately 20 elementary school aged children.
• Supervise daily academic lessons.
• Coordinate and organize enrichment activities for elementary school aged children.
• Develop and encourage consistent study habits/routine.
• Provide a relationship as a positive mentor/ role model to elementary school aged children in conjunction with program/agency goals.
• Create an ongoing communication with site staff and parents.
• Support and build relationships with both parents and program participants.
• Support in creating a positive and safe environment for all program participants.
• Provide supervision during indoor and outdoor activities.
• Assist in the supervision of volunteers and high school staff.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• AA degree preferred but must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
• Passion to work with young people ages 5 and up from diverse backgrounds.
• Have a sense of humor, creativity and patience.
• Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years of experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
• Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
• Experience working with diverse youth and families a plus.
• Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
• Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
• Bilingual/bicultural in Arabic, Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Vietnamese is preferred.
• Must be able to work from Monday to Friday from 1:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
• Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
• Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email.
Attn: Program Leader (Elementary ASP)
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Ordinance
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual/bicultural in Arabic, Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Vietnamese is preferred.
Minimum Education Required