3990 Brickway Boulevard
REDWOOD EMPIRE FOOD BANK
Job Title: Director of Development
Job Status: Full-Time
Reports To: CEO
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Finding a great place to contribute your talent is a challenge. The prospective employer learns about you, but it is difficult for you to know about them. With that in mind, we thought we would share a bit about the REFB, and why we choose to work here.
Every day, a group of talented, passionate, kind, hard-working people come together with one goal in mind – to improve our world. Specifically, we want to be sure that people in need of food receive help. We’re working to End Hunger in Our Community.
The challenge before us is enormous. We provide food to 82,000 people throughout the year (1:6 people). We consider our efforts to be noble, and the fight just.
We recently defined our core values. We wanted to be clear with one another who we are when we come to work. The overarching themes were – Cooperation, Bring the Joy, Civility, Innovation, Curiosity, and Seek Excellence.
Now you know about us. We’re excited to find out if you’re the right one to join us in this most important work.
The Director of Development is responsible for strategically leading the fundraising, marketing, communications, and volunteer efforts that fuel the work of the Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB). Working closely with the CEO and leading a dynamic team of professionals, this position is the driving force behind the robust resource development activities. The Director of Development must be able to roll-up their sleeves, dive-in, and produce results to meet the aggressive fundraising goals of the organization, while also providing excellent management and leadership to the Development Team.
The ideal candidate will be able to execute the existing fundraising activities while making time to strategically grow the overall effectiveness and depth of our efforts. Innovation and growth are expected and appreciated.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- The Director of Development is responsible for creating a detailed fundraising budget, tied to an achievable action plan to support the programmatic and operating activities of the REFB. This year, our fundraising goals are in excess of $6m. Adherence to the budget, both revenue and expenses, is extremely important.
- Create an individualized advancement plan for each of the organization's major donors. Personally take responsibility for some of these donors and also direct other key staff or Board members to carry out cultivation/education steps toward a higher gift amount, with the rest. Direct and support the CEO in carrying out his major donor contacts.
- Create a stewardship plan and strategies for major donors that is synchronize with other Major Donor contacts – designed to appropriately acknowledge, recognize, inform and involve every major donor.
Staﬀ and Resource Management
- Lead a dynamic team of eight full time professionals to help achieve the goals of the REFB as related to fundraising, communications, marketing, events, food drives, and volunteer services. Utilize external resources to manage appropriate projects.
- Competitive salary
- 100% of premium employer paid for employee’s medical (Kaiser) and dental
- Simple IRA with a 3% employer match
- 15 days paid time oﬀ accrued over the year
- 11 paid holidays
Expanded job description available at refb.org. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title and your last name in the subject line. Deadline for applications: November 3, 2018.
Minimum Education Required