200 University Street
PO Box 21906
The Special Events Officer is responsible for, and assists with, the planning, implementation, and organization of major fundraising events for the Seattle Symphony development office. The Special Events officer will take the lead in the logistics and execution for all Special Events.
This position is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to become deeply involved in the operations of a fast-paced, high-performing department.
· BA degree or equivalent experience
· 2-3 years prior experience working in a development office
· High-level understanding of Tessitura or other customer databases
· Highly organized and deadline focused
· Commitment to exemplary customer service
· Proven ability to work with volunteers and donors
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image
· Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated superior proficiency with accuracy in using Word, Excel and Outlook products
· Ability to adhere to SSO policies and support management decisions in a positive and professional manner
· This position requires work on evenings, weekends and holidays
Essential Job Functions:
· Plan and execute logistics of major annual fundraising events, including, but not limited to, liaising with the event committees, providing support for meeting scheduling, data management (including coordinating payment processing and gift collection), budgeting, coordinating invitations (print and electronic), tracking guest RSVPs, and day-of event execution
· Responsible for maintaining event work back schedules list to ensure all deadlines are met and data is accurate
· Provide consistent and ongoing progress reports for each event
· Provide exceptional customer service to all event guests. Consistently answer emails promptly and courteously. Make frequent phone calls to guests when needing information and to collect pledges. Respond to last-minute guest requests and changes.
· Handle and advance all information for event contracts, i.e. event space, food and beverage, supplies, event collateral, etc.
· Manage the creation of all print and electronic materials necessary for special events
· Manage on site logistics, including but not limited to event site location and assessment, walkthroughs, menu tastings, event flow, layouts etc. as needed for event planning
· Guest experience: manage guest experience through RSVP and table guest tracking, using Tessitura, Excel and other software to track and manage data for special event guests, and work with colleagues to hold and assign seats for concert events
· Collaborate and provide support for other development events, house parties, post-concert toasts, luncheons and receptions
· Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
· Work collaboratively with SSO colleagues, volunteers, musicians and Board members
· Recruit and supervise volunteers and interns as required
· Perform concert duty and on-site event support as required
Full benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: October 19, 2018
The Seattle Symphony values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Individuals who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EOE) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Seattle Symphony will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.